close Video Fox News Flash top headlines for July 7 Fox News Flash top headlines are here. Check out what’s clicking on Foxnews.com. California, Michigan and three other states – plus the District of Columbia – are suing Education Secretary Betsy DeVos and her department, opposing what they say is a plan to take coronavirus relief funds away from K-12 public schools and divert the money to private schools. California Attorney General Xavier Becerra and Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel announced the lawsuit Tuesday. The three other states joining the suit are Maine, New Mexico and Wisconsin. “Today’s announcement is about stopping the Trump administration’s latest effort to steal from working families to give it to the very privileged,” Becerra said, according to The Associated Press. DEVOS CALLS OUT ‘ADULTS WHO ARE FEARMONGERING’ OVER SCHOOL REOPENINGS: ‘KIDS HAVE GOT TO CONTINUE LEARNING’ “Unfortunately, this most recent action by Secretary DeVos is really just another example in a long history of an administration that uses any and every opportunity available to tip the scales in favor of private schools at the great expense of our public schools,” Nessel said at a separate news conference, MLive.com reported. “Instead of ignoring congressional intent… Read full this story
- DeVos proposes $5B in federal tax credits to advance school choiceYou may also be interested in...
- Union to file lawsuit against Nassau County School District
- Faced with $2M budget deficit, Mohonasen school district faces tough choices
- Secretary of New Mexico's Public Education dept. addresses NM issues
- Lawsuit against Denver Public Schools alleges teachers strike will harm special-needs students
- Iowa regent appointees charged with upping advocacy for public education in the state
- DeVos refused to bar federal money for guns in schools, but internal memo said she could
- Minnesota lawmakers approve 'snow day relief' for schools
- Panel recommends reprieves for 2 schools facing state sanctions
- Judge tosses sunshine lawsuit against Loudon County school board
DeVos, Education Dept. face 5-state lawsuit over coronavirus relief plan for schools have 310 words, post on www.foxnews.com at July 8, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.