Democrats are vowing to move forward with immigration reform if presumptive nominee Joe BidenJoe BidenDavis: Supreme Court decision is bad news for Trump, good news for Vance Teachers face off against Trump on school reopenings Biden wins Puerto Rico primary MORE is elected president and the party also takes back the Senate in this fall’s elections.The prospect would set up a bruising battle in Congress next year, one that Democrats shied away from in 2009 and 2010, after Barack ObamaBarack Hussein ObamaTrump defends golf outings: It’s my ‘exercise’ How Trump can get his mojo back Trump confirms 2018 US cyberattack on Russian troll farm MORE won the presidency in 2008 and Democrats expanded their Senate majority and controlled the House. It also underscores the stakes for the 2020 election. Polls show that Biden has built a lead nationally and in swing states, and Democrats increasingly like their chances of winning back the Senate majority.ADVERTISEMENTSen. Bob MenendezRobert (Bob) MenendezKoch-backed group urges Senate to oppose ‘bailouts’ of states in new ads Thomas Kean wins GOP primary to take on Rep. Tom Malinowski Trump administration moves to formally withdraw US from WHO MORE (D-N.J.) said immigration reform legislation “should be” at the front… Read full this story
- Senate Democrats to Consider Using Power to Pass Laws If Elected
- Democrats’ Top Priority After Victory: Amnesty
- Tim Scott to introduce GOP police reform bill next week
- Biden’s bid touts faith, courts even religious conservatives
- McConnell taps Tim Scott to assemble GOP police reform legislation
- Press: Trump's final presidential pardon: himself
- The GOP Coalition Is Getting More Working-Class. Its Agenda Isn’t.
- The Latest: Religious leader criticizes toppling of statue
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Argentum - All eyes on Florida as daily COVID-19 cases hit 15K
Democrats see immigration reform as topping Biden agenda have 287 words, post on thehill.com at July 13, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.