The album arrives on Sept. 25 and is available for pre-order
Carrie Underwood is getting in the Christmas spirit.
Though it’s only July, the country singer announced Monday that she will be releasing her first-ever Christmas album, My Gift, this September.
The artist has previously recorded several Christmas songs, but said she has “always wanted to make a Christmas album.”
“It’s been a long time coming,” Underwood, 37, said in a press release. “I knew this would be my next music project after wrapping my tour last year, and I think it’s turned out to be the perfect time for an album like this, in this period of such personal and spiritual reflection.”
“For me, it’s more important than ever to focus on the true meaning of Christmas in a project like this,” she added. “Even though it has been a tough year for all of us, sometimes I feel like the greatest realizations can be inspired by the most difficult times, and make us more grateful for the things we do have and for what truly matters.”
The singer also shared a trailer for the upcoming album, out Sept. 25, which includes footage from her album cover photo shoot, her recording studio, and a special message about how she came up with the album title.
“This year, it was just kind of on my heart to do this Christmas album. I just felt like this was such a fitting time,” Underwood explained.
The “Blown Away” artist revealed that the idea behind the title My Gift came from her personal favorite Christmas song, “Little Drummer Boy” and how the young boy was given the gift of music from God.
“I love music, I love singing. That is my personal gift that I have, that I get to do, that I’m so blessed to do, and I want to use that gift and give it back to Jesus,” she continued.
Greg Wells, who has worked with artists like Adele and Celine Dion, produced and arranged Underwood’s album, helping via Zoom to create the album amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Special guests, songwriters and the tracklist of the full-length album will be revealed at a later date.
My Gift is available for pre-order now with exclusive merchandise. A vinyl record of the album will be released on Oct. 30.
- Mariah Carey’s Christmas Album Is the Only Thing That Will Never Suck
- Carrie Underwood Officially Releases 'Southbound' as Next Single
- Carrie Underwood Shares Hilarious Video of Baby Jacob's Reaction to Dad Mike Fisher's Singing
- Carrie Underwood Reflects on Personal Growth in 'Cry Pretty' That Led to CMA Album of the Year Nomination
- Carrie Underwood’s Cry Pretty Tour 360: 10 Things We Learned
- Carrie Underwood Serves up Bright Dose of Summer With 'Southbound' Music Video
- Carrie Underwood Recalls Heart-Breaking Night Before Confirming Pregnancy
- Carrie Underwood Praises Mike Fisher for Loving Her When She Was 'Not Easy to Love'
- Carrie Underwood Calls Herself 'Lucky' to Take Her Kids on Cry Pretty Tour 360
- Carrie Underwood Tour 2019: What to Know About the Cry Pretty Tour 360
- Pregnant Carrie Underwood Reveals She Had 3 Miscarriages in Last 2 Years
- Carrie Underwood Teases 'Big Monster Open' for 2019 CMA Awards on 'Live With Kelly and Ryan'
- Carrie Underwood to Play Special Fourth of July Concert
- Carrie Underwood on Her Three Miscarriages: 'I Will Always Mourn Those Children'
- Watch Carrie Underwood Perform a Reba McEntire Classic With Runaway June
- Carrie Underwood says 2019 CMAs will pay tribute to legendary women of country music
- Randy Travis Emotionally Saluted by Garth Brooks, Carrie Underwood at ASCAP Awards
- Carrie Underwood Is 'City Chic' in Latest Instagram Photo
- Carrie Underwood suffered 3 miscarriages in 2 years
- Kanye West, a Punctual Man Who Never Misses Release Dates, Announces Christmas Album
Carrie Underwood to Release First-Ever Christmas Album My Gift: 'Long Time Coming' have 667 words, post on people.com at July 21, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.