The search and rescue mission for Naya Rivera is now being considered a recovery operation, police said on Thursday, a day after she vanished from the California lake where she’d been boating with her four-year-old son. The 33-year-old actress – best known for her role in Glee – vanished on Wednesday while on Lake Piru with her four-year-old son Josey. Josey told police that she’d ‘jumped’ into the water to go swimming and never came back. He was found asleep on their drifting boat. As search and rescue teams searched the lake on Thursday, local sheriffs gave grim details about the lake. Ventura County Deputy Sheriff Chris Dyer said on Thursday that Lake Piru was a ‘sanctuary’ for Naya, she was familiar with the lake and has been going there for years. Initially, police had hoped to find the actress alive and were searching the expansive shoreline as well as in the water. Now though, they say the mission is a recovery operation. ‘There’s no evidence of foul play at this point. This may well be a case of drowning,’ sheriff’s Capt. Eric Buschow said. Scroll down for video This diagram shows where Naya Rivera and her son rented a… Read full this story
- California Gov Newsom to close all beaches AGAIN on Friday after crowds flock to shores despite coronavirus
- Officials To Begin Third Day Of Search And Recovery Mission For Man Who Fell Into Slippery Rock Creek
- California Police Officer Under Investigation After Viral Video Shows Him Punching 14-Year-Old Boy
- 2020 is likely to be the hottest year ever recorded despite major declines in air pollution during coronavirus shutdowns, according to new report from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Star Emily Fernandez Reveals She's Pregnant 2 Years After Her Baby Son Died
- Coronation Street’s Jack P Shepherd’s first ever scene on the soap revealed to celebrate his 20 years on the cobbles
- Sanju Samson reveals how Rahul Dravid spotted him at nets and drafted for Rajasthan Royals
- I didn't have sex in the city (or anywhere else) for five years! SATC creator Candace Bushnell reveals her husband was stolen by a 'very determined, beautiful 23-year-old'
- Lee Grant extends Man Utd contract until end of next year aged 37… despite just playing 90 minutes this season
- Column: Rural areas have a message for Newsom: One size doesn’t fit all in reopening California
California lake search for Naya Rivera is now a recovery mission as it's revealed she'd been visiting the beauty spot for years and considered it her 'sanctuary' despite its reputation for rip currents and being full of debris have 394 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at July 9, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.