BORIS JOHNSON has revealed that a no deal Brexit could be a ‘very good option’ after negotiations ended early on Thursday.
Talks ended 24 hours early with “significant differences” still remaining between the EU and the UK.
Yet, the Prime Minister said: “I just think there’s a good agreement to be reached, but obviously if we can’t then we will have the very good option also of an Australian-style arrangement.”
Talks in Brussels between Boris Johnson’s Europe adviser David Frost and the EU led by Michel Barnier were due to continue into Friday.
But Mr Frost said negotiations will continue next week in London.
Also, the value of the pound has dropped by ten pence to €1.08.
In February, £1 was worth €1.18. However, on Tuesday, it was €1.09 to every pound.
This means that Brits will get £42 less on every £500 they exchange into euros this summer.
Follow our Brexit live blog below for all the latest updates…
- We R past the peak: Boris Johnson says UK is on 'downward slope' but must be careful not to 'slap straight into a second BIGGER mountain' as he pledges to reveal lockdown exit 'road map' next week built around keeping down R infection rate
- Brexit: What happens now as Boris Johnson puts deal on ice and awaits EU delay
- Boris Johnson says he wants EVERYBODY in the UK to be able to take a coronavirus test EVERYDAY to get life back to normal after Matt Hancock blasted people for needlessly booking checks
- Coronavirus UK news LIVE – Gove warns second national lockdown could last longer than expected as furlough extended
- Brexit: Michel Barnier told to stay home after Boris Johnson says EU 'abandoned free trade deal'
- The escalating delinquency of Boris Johnson and his gang of blue anarchists
- 'I will NOT back down': Boris Johnson defies EU fury at threat to 'tear up' Brexit divorce terms on Northern Ireland after Michel Barnier warns it would mean NO trade deal - but PM says that would still be a 'good outcome' for the UK
- Boris Johnson Reportedly Facing Tory Revolt Over Plan to Override Brexit Deal
- Theresa May's former legal chief Geoffrey Cox says it would be 'unconscionable' for Boris Johnson's government to over-ride the withdrawal agreement as Tory Brexit civil war grows
- Labour will back new Brexit legislation if PM addresses concerns, says Starmer
- Brexit: UK to restart trade talks with EU after threatening to quit
- Defiant Brits jet out to Spain to avoid losing thousands despite quarantine and Boris Johnson’s second wave warning
- Calling the French ‘turds’ shows Boris Johnson is the eternal spoilt 15-year-old
- Stay indoors or face a fine! Boris Johnson is 'drawing up tough new plans to fine people flouting self-isolation rules' after growing numbers ignore advice
- Never mind Extinction Rebellion, let's consider Boris Johnson's charge sheet
- Furious Manchester mayor Andy Burnham threatens to take legal action against Boris Johnson as PM prepares to put his city and Lancashire into 'fundamentally flawed' Tier Three lockdown TODAY
- Is Boris Johnson going to shut YOUR local pub? Heat map reveals the 200 towns and cities with high Covid-19 rates that could face tier-three lockdown next week - as Nottingham becomes England's worst hotspot
- Boris Johnson's speech in full: 'the fight against Covid is by no means over'
- It's two metres apart over here, mon ami! Boris Johnson dodges a very enthusiastic welcome from Emmanuel Macron as the French President heads to Downing Street after handing Prince Charles the Legion d'Honneur for London
- Boris Johnson 'could drop plans to tear up parts of Brexit deal if EU limits Irish Sea checks' - as PM accuses Brussels of trying to break up UK's 'territorial integrity'
Brexit UK news LIVE: Boris Johnson says no-deal is a ‘very good option’ as negotiations delay and pound value plummets have 4014 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at July 5, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.