ARSENAL lifted the FA Cup for a record 14th time, defeating Chelsea 2–1 in a FIFA 20 simulation ahead of Saturday’s Wembley showdown.
20-year-old Reiss Nelson emerged from the bench to complete a stunning Gunners comeback in extra-time.
The last time Arsenal lifted the FA Cup was ironically a 2-1 win over Chelsea back in 2017 with Aaron Ramsey proving the hero.
And the omens are good for Nelson to emulate the Welshman after his extra-time winner saw Arteta lift his first trophy as a manager.
The England starlet is thought to be wanted by Turkish giants Besiktas on loan.
But Nelson proved why he could be so valuable to Mikel Arteta after combining with Eddie Nketiah to win Arsenal the virtual FA Cup.
Frank Lampard meanwhile faced two big selection calls ahead of kick-off.
SunSport revealed Kepa Arrizabala expects to be left out of Saturday’s FA Cup final and Willy Caballero, 38, to get the nod.
And Willian could only make a late cameo from the bench on Fifa as he gets set to swap Chelsea for Arsenal on a free transfer.
But Lamps may regret leaving both out as a poor showing from Caballero means he missed out on his second piece of silverware this season following September’s Super Cup defeat to Liverpool.
As with the penalty shoot-out loss in Istanbul, his Chelsea side raced out of the blocks here and took an early lead.
Mason Mount had proved so instrumental in the Blues 2-0 win over Wolves that secured Champions League football.
And the England International bagged his second goal in successive games after playing a lovely give and go with Olivier Giroud before firing past Emiliano Martinez.
It was left to Alexandre Lacazette to produce a moment of magic to haul Arsenal level.
Most read in Football
Spurs offered Watford captain Deeney as cover for Kane after Parrott’s loan
Fergie ‘suicidal’ for making United go toe-to-toe with Barca in CL says Rooney
Paul Scholes flouts local lockdown rules by throwing huge 7-hour birthday bash
Watch Wright celebrate and Ashley Cole fume as Arsenal score in Chelsea win
Lampard slams ref and VAR for sending off Kovacic in fiery FA Cup final defeat
DIV US A MINUTE
Aston Villa eye up Divock Origi after battle to avoid relegation in 2019-20
The Frenchman has already notched a goal of the season contender against Spurs.
He was at it again at Wembley after he skipped past Cesar Azpilicueta and bamboozled Antonio Rudiger before slamming home.
The comeback was then complete late into extra-time as Nelson latched onto a through ball from Nkeitah and unleashed a shot that Caballero was only able to palm into his own net.
- 21 times this century Arsenal vs Liverpool didn't disappoint
- Bristol Rovers v Barnet REACTION: Gas out of FA Cup
- Arsenal vs Blackpool, Chelsea vs Derby and other Carabao Cup fourth-round matches: live score updates
- Tottenham vs Chelsea LIVE
- County Antrim Shield: Crusaders and Linfield advance to semi-finals after extra-time derby wins
- FC Halifax Town v Morecambe: Money can buy love in romance with FA Cup
- Guiseley 4 Cambridge United 3: A day to remember for the Lions of Guiseley in FA Cup
- An FA Cup day to remember for Guiseley as they dump out Cambridge United
- BROMLEY 1, PETERBOROUGH UNITED 3: Godden double enables Posh to overcome a first-half scare in the FA Cup
- Gareth Southgate lays out what Arsenal whizkid must do to win England call-up
- FIFA 17's The Journey Is a Half-Baked Addition That Needs Work
- A closer look at Arsenal’s 20-match unbeaten run under Unai Emery
- Meet Joe Montemurro, the Australian of Italian descent on course to make Arsenal Women winners again
- Barnet v Bristol Rovers REACTION: Gas hit woodwork three times in draw
- Alexandre Lacazette rescues Arsenal in absorbing draw against Liverpool
- Arsenal hold off Blackpool's late surge after Matteo Guendouzi rashly sees red
- Spook-tacular League Cup giant-killings
- Lucas Torreira stars as Arsenal comeback to win stunning north London derby with convincing victory over Spurs
- Danny Welbeck suffers serious injury as Arsenal qualify for knock-outs despite disappointing draw with Sporting
- Manchester United show spirit to recover from errors and scrap out a draw with Arsenal on a night of chaos
Arsenal vs Chelsea FA Cup final simmed on Fifa 20 with Reiss Nelson completing extra-time comeback after Mount opener have 717 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at July 30, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.