RAPPER WRETCH 32 has shared frightening video showing the moment cops tasered his 62-year-old dad.
With distraught people screaming in the background, his dad can be seen lying on the floor at the bottom of the stairs in London.
The clip is likely to increase tensions in the wake of the alleged murder of unarmed black man George Floyd at the hands of police in America – but Scotland Yard insist officers acted appropriately.
The footage, taken from police body camera footage on April 21 in Haringey, was shared by the rapper on Twitter.
He tweeted: “This is how the police think they can treat a 62 year old black man in Tottenham but this 1 happens to be my dad #Nojusticenopeace.”
As officers enter the property, a woman can be heard saying: "Don't touch me, I'm not resisting.”
Police officer with taser, stay where you are!
She points out the need for “social distancing, please don't touch me."
A cop can then be heard shouting: "Police officer with taser, stay where you are.”
The rapper’s dad is then tasered, and can be seen toppling backwards down the stairs, hitting his head after receiving the shock.
A woman can be heard screaming: "Oh my God. They've tasered him."
Police tell his dad to stay still.
Wretch 32 and his dad, Millard Scott, spoke to ITV about the incident.
The broadcaster said that Scott still walks with a limp, two months after the police tasered him.
He said: “I’m lucky to be alive.”
Wretch 32 told ITV: "I've grown up in a household with my dad and my uncle and I've watched them fight against police brutality my whole life.
“I’m 35 now and I have to have the same conversation with my children that my father and grandfather had with me.
“That means there's no progression."
Scott said he thinks the weapon was discharged because he is black.
He added: "It seems to me at this moment in time we're being singled out and targeted."
After seeing the pair on TV, the Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, tweeted: "I have asked the Metropolitan Police for an urgent explanation of this distressing incident which is understandably causing considerable concern.
"It is imperative that the incident is properly investigated by the Independent Office for Police Conduct.”
But the Met Police released a statement today saying that his dad had not been arrested, and that they had met to discuss the incident.
In relation to the tasering of the rapper’s dad, the Met said: “As officers entered the premises, a man came downstairs and started moving towards an officer suddenly.
“He was ordered to remain where he was but continued towards officers who, after several warnings, deployed a Taser.
A man came downstairs and started moving towards an officer suddenly.
“The man was not arrested, but was assessed by the London Ambulance Service at the scene.
“He did not require further medical treatment.”
Officers from the North Area Command Unit “have liaised with the family to discuss any concerns.
“The incident, including body worn footage, has been reviewed by the Met's Directorate of Professional Standards and no indication of misconduct has been identified,” the Met added.
Just had to have the 'Police Talk' with my son.
The force said it had gone to an address “to carry out arrest enquiries as part of a long running operation to tackle drugs supply linked to serious violence in the Borough of Haringey.
“A 22-year-old man located inside the address was arrested and later charged with encouraging another to commit an offence under the Serious Crime Act 2007.”
Cops said they had also arrested a woman, 52, “at the scene on suspicion of obstructing/resisting a police constable in the execution of duties”.
She was de-arrested at the scene and then later was “charged with the offence after being interviewed by police under caution at a later date.”
Most read in News
A few days ago, on June 5, Wretch 32 tweeted: "Just had to have the 'Police Talk' with my son.
“I actually can't believe that I'm mirroring what my dad said to me in 1995 in 20/20.
“Sad thing is there's so many more of these conversations that we'll have to have. I pray that he won't have to say this to his son."
- Black Lives Matter activists descend on Tottenham police station to support rapper Wretch 32 after his father was Tasered by officers - in protest nine years after death of Mark Duggan
- In one week there were at least 9 instances of police using excessive force caught on camera
- FBI investigating Chicago police after cops shot man who they struggled to detain for illegally passing between two cars on a moving train
- Prince Harry draws on 'bank of Dad' for £8m Santa Barbara mansion: Royal insiders say Prince Charles 'provided funding' for new 'family home' among Hollywood's 'wokerati' - as couple are still paying off £2.4m taxpayer-funded Frogmore Cottage revamp
- Swept up in historic Mississippi ICE raids a year ago, these undocumented workers are now 'essential'
- Incredible moment police officer takes down two ‘attackers’ in street as man and woman arrested
- Covid-19 deaths are now falling in ALL age groups for the first time since crisis began in England and Wales as official data reveals the week ending June 12 saw the fewest fatalities for three months
- Mauritians use home-made barriers of straw, tights and HAIR to try and stop 1,000-ton tanker oil spill destroying beach - amid fury at government that ignored wreck for TWO WEEKS and is trying to ban locals helping clean up
- 'Spa' raids in resort towns spark outrage over Mexico's human trafficking problem
- Sharon Stone fears civil war as she urges followers not to 'fall for this' after giving safe room tutorial
Rapper Wretch 32 shares video of his dad, 62, being tasered by police and falling down stairs in raid on his home have 1097 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at June 10, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.