Former Ecuadorian President Abdalá Bucaram is under arrest in connection with a corruption investigation linked to the coronavirus pandemic. Police arrested Bucaram on Wednesday after locating an unlicensed gun during a raid on his home in Guayaquil, the coastal city where some of the first coronavirus cases were confirmed in Latin America. Police said they also found thousands of coronavirus test kits and face masks as part of their criminal probe. Authorities said the raid was part of their investigation into suspected embezzlement at a large public hospital. The police carried out more than two dozen raids in Guayaquil and the city of Quito, but there were no immediate reports of additional arrests.
- Practical Applications of Society in an Anarcho-Communist Community
- Street Gangs, a Transnational Security Threat
- Sex, Drugs, and Rock
- Will the Chimigen Vaccine Stop Bird Flu, Anthrax and Hepatitis?
- Police Brutatlity, Abuse, and Hatred of Asylum Seekers and Refugees in Belgium
- Trademark Disputes over Domain Names
- Aleksander Litvinenko and Tsar Vladimir
Ex-Ecuadorian President Jailed in Corruption Case Linked to COVID-19 Pandemic have 158 words, post on www.voanews.com at June 4, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.