Speaking to British GQ , the 18-year-old explained that she has "huge" issues with her body, which she believes is partly fuelled by the way she was treated by her exes.
"I have never felt desired," Eilish said. "My past boyfriends never made me feel desired. None of them.
"And it's a big thing in my life that I feel I have never been physically desired by somebody."
The musician went on to explain why she wears predominantly loose-fitting clothing.
"So I dress the way I dress as I don't like to think of you guys – I mean anyone, everyone – judging it, or the size of it," she said.
"But that doesn't mean that I won't wake up one day and decide to wear a tank top, which I have done before."
When asked how it makes her feel when she wears something different, Eilish replied: "Well, I do that and suddenly my boobs are trending on Twitter. Which is fine – that s*** looks good."
The "No Time to Die" singer added that the way she dresses does not conform to gender stereotypes.
"Sometimes I dress like a boy. Sometimes I dress like a swaggy girl," she told the publication.
"And sometimes I feel trapped by this persona that I have created, because sometimes I think people view me not as a woman."
Elish went on to reference a video she released earlier this year about body image as part of her now-postponed world tour.
In the clip the "Bad Guy" singer addressed criticism of what she wears and negative comments made about her body on social media.
The video sees Eilish removing several layers of clothing until she is left wearing just a bra, before sinking dramatically under water.
"That tour video was about all that," Eillish told GQ . "It is me saying: look, there is a body underneath these clothes and you don't get to see it. Isn't that a shame?
"But my body is mine and yours is yours. Our own bodies are kind of the only real things which are truly ours. I get to see it and get to show it when I want to."
- Billie Eilish addresses her desire to ‘embrace femininity’ at the Met Gala
- Billie Eilish and the Trap of Relatability
- Billie Eilish thinks she's become 'less confident' as she's gotten older during stop by The Drew Barrymore Show
- 'Bad Guy' hitmaker Billie Eilish to release new song in November
- Billie Eilish Refuses to Stand Still Musically on the Heroically Honest ‘Happier Than Ever’
- Billie Eilish and Kane Brown to Perform for TIME100 Broadcast Special — Find Out What They're Singing
- Met Gala 2021- Kim & Kanye match while JLo & Ben share kiss alongside Justin Bieber, Billie Eilish, & more on red carpet
- Met Gala 2021 red carpet watch LIVE – Billie Eilish, Kim Kardashian & more stun at newly themed event on Vogue carpet
- Amy Childs ‘getting to know’ First Dates star after cutting contact with ex-boyfriend
- Billie Eilish Sets a Condition for Her Dress: No More Fur
- Akshara Singh Reveals Her Ex Sent Few Boys With Acid Bottles & Tried To Destroy Her Career
- Avril Lavigne and Boyfriend Mod Sun Make Their Red Carpet Debut at 2021 MTV VMAs
- Jennifer Lopez says she still feels like an outsider in Hollywood
- HRVY reveals close friendship with Emma Raducanu & says they plan to meet up
- Woman's list of rules from her ex sparks debate over toxic relationships
- Lori Harvey raves about her 'sweet' and 'attentive' boyfriend Michael B. Jordan who 'makes an effort': 'We just really balance each other'
- Elizabeth Hurley says she’s ‘extremely good friends’ with ex Hugh Grant: ‘We went through so much together’
- ‘I’m Sick of Seeing My Face,’ Says the Internet’s Kombucha Connoisseur
- Stacey Solomon says wedding with Joe Swash is on hold as Loose Women star shares update
- Taylor Swift 'has never felt this way before' as she plunges into new relationship with Tom Hiddleston
Billie Eilish says she has 'never' felt desired by ex-boyfriends have 713 words, post on www.independent.co.uk at June 5, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.