At least 17 states had reportedly paused or rolled back their phased reopening plans as of Monday to forestall the growing coronavirus outbreaks across the country.The states that have hit the pause button on reopening include Texas (R), Florida (R), Washington (D), Arizona (R), Arkansas (R), Delaware (D), Idaho (R), Louisiana (D), Maine (D), Nevada (R), New Mexico (D), North Carolina (D), California (D), New York (D), Kansas (D), Utah (R), and New Jersey (D). Most (ten) of the states slowing their reopening stages are led by Democrat governors. Not all states that readjusted their reopening plans are experiencing a surge in cases. On Monday, New Jersey decided against allowing indoor dining despite a low case count. That same day, Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) from New York, which is also seeing a low infection count, said he would decide on whether to resume indoor dining in New York City by Wednesday. Early this year, most of the United States shut down non-essential businesses to hinder the spread of COVID-19, the disease associated with the virus. Governors in states experiencing a significant increase in coronavirus infections were reluctant to reimpose lockdown measures earlier this month, with some saying it is an option of last resort. The situation has since worsened, with Johns Hopkins University reporting… Read full this story
- Greece sets out emergency plans to tackle surge of migrant arrivals
- Trump announces short-term plan to reopen government during funding negotiations
- Refugees rush back to Greek camp amid rumours of open border
- Trump cancels Nancy Pelosi's trip overseas amid State of the Union fight
- Amid Evil launches its penultimate early access episode
- Amid Controversy, Bethesda Defends Paid Steam Mods
- Sam Speaks to Dream Reality Interactive About Altering Reality
- Introducing the X-Force Members and Their Abilities in Deadpool 2 – Lore Guard
- First death reported after Hurricane Michael slammed into the Florida Panhandle
- Trump says meeting with Democrats on government shutdown was 'total waste of time'
At Least 17 States Alter Reopening Plans Amid Coronavirus Surge have 312 words, post on www.breitbart.com at June 29, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.