Corporations are opening up their treasuries to give money to social justice causes, including Black Lives Matter, in the wake of nationwide protests and riots over the death of George Floyd.Many of the big companies are pushing their employees to do the same. Some businesses are donating to controversial bail funds like the Minnesota Freedom Fund that seek to bail out protesters and rioters. Others have promised to set aside money to make purchases to black-owned businesses or create scholarships aimed at black Americans. Here is a list thus far. Pepsi—to lift up Black communities and increase Black representation at PepsiCo—$400 million Sony Music—a fund “to support social justice and anti-racist initiatives around the world”—$100 million Walmart—a new racial equity center—$100 million Warner Music—campaigns against violence and racism and social justice causes related to music industry—$100 million. Apple—a “racial justice initiative,” details to come—$100 million. Nike—“Organizations that put social justice, education and addressing racial inequality in America at the center of their work”—$40 million Alphabet/Google—various organizations, starting with $1 million each to Center for Policing Equity and Equal Justice Initiative—$12 million Amazon—American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) Foundation, Brennan Center for Justice, Equal Justice Initiative, Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law, the… Read full this story
- Teach Kids About Social Justice With These Books
- Hot Pants-Wearing Scourge of Corporate America Dead at 89
- Sheryl Sandberg to corporate America: Lean in on family leave
- How YouTube Fueled The Anti-Social Justice Movement
- Amid inflation, protests, Haitians 'living on hope'
- The Latest: UN calls for dialogue amid Iraq protest
- Dolphins create a fund for social justice programs
- The issue of social justice is far bigger than the abortion debate
- About $4 billion Hong Kong deposits may have left for Singapore as protests rage: Goldman
- Flor Bermudez: 'In social justice, there are many steps to climb'
$1.175 Billion: Corporate America Floods Social Justice Causes with Cash Amid Floyd Protests have 309 words, post on www.breitbart.com at June 11, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.