Work from Home, the bouncy lead single from the American girl group Fifth Harmony’s second album, has taken on a second life since its 2016 release, when it peaked at number two in the UK singles chart. In the first month of lockdown, according to data from Spotify, the song has become a clear beneficiary of the shift in people’s listening habits as white-collar workers and schoolchildren were sent home around the world. Working-from-home-themed playlists have seen a 1,400% increase compared with the first 10 days of March, Spotify says, with Fifth Harmony’s single the most-added track to those playlists. The song, a collaboration with the rapper Ty Dolla $ign, is actually about pining at home waiting for your lover to return from a late night, but that hasn’t stopped it from leading the pack. More appropriate songs follow, such as Dolly Parton’s 9 to 5, with Beethoven, Bach and the pianist Lang Lang’s version of Für Elise making up the more classically inclined remote-working playlists. The streaming service looked at worldwide patterns of use between 17 April and 17 May to spot ways in which changed lives were changing music preferences. Hot on the heels of working-from-home playlists was… Read full this story
- Hmong saga will come to stage as Minnesota Opera adapts St. Paul writer's 'The Song Poet'
- Gov. DeWine wants to double state funding for ‘home visiting,’ announces Pay-For-Success model to increase participation
- Home products on the cutting edge
- Samsung Galaxy Home Smart Speaker, Much Delayed, Misses Its Q3 Launch Window
- Nostalgic songs have the power to help us escape
- Who are Temple athletes listening to?
- Every Song on BTS' New Album, 'Map of the Soul: Persona,' Ranked
- Nootropics: Do ‘Smart Drugs’ Really Work?
- Arkansas high school put on lockdown following 'credible threat,' officials say; no weapon found
- Kashmir grenade blast injures 10 as lockdown heads into 3rd month
Work From Home song peaks again as listening alters under lockdown have 314 words, post on www.theguardian.com at May 29, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.