close Video Streets of London eerily quiet on 75th anniversary of VE Day Victory in Europe Day is being remembered in a muted way amid COVID-19; Benjamin Hall from London. Get all the latest news on coronavirus and more delivered daily to your inbox. Sign up here. British Prime Minister Boris Johnson is expected to launch a new alert system ranking the coronavirus threat level from 1 to 5 in an address to the United Kingdom on Sunday evening, according to reports. He is also expected to unveil a new national slogan: “Stay alert, control the virus, save lives.” Breaking from their usual lockstep with England in combating the crisis – the other nations of the U.K. – Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland — have all taken issue with the new messaging, declaring they will continue to tell the public to “Stay home, save lives.” CLICK HERE FOR FULL CORONAVIRUS COVERAGE “The Sunday papers is the first I’ve seen of the PM’s new slogan,” First Minister of Scotland, Nicola Sturgeon, tweeted. “It is of course for him to decide what’s most appropriate for England, but given the critical point we are at in tackling the virus, #StayHomeSaveLives remains my clear message to… Read full this story
- United Kingdom PM Boris Johnson cancels Republic Day visit to India amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Look back as Boris Johnson and Carrie Symonds celebrate baby Wilfred’s first birthday today
- Meet Boris Johnson’s six children – from Wilfred Lawrie Nicholas Johnson to Lara Lettice
- PM Modi holds virtual summit with Boris Johnson: UK PM announces 1 billion pounds worth of trade, investment
- Director of firm behind Boris Johnson's flat refurb is a Brexit-backing Tory donor
- Boris Johnson set to reveal foreign holiday list ‘in next few days’ and update it ‘every three weeks’
- UK on course to ditch social distancing rule in June: PM Johnson
- Hugs, holidays and sleepovers - all the lockdown rules set to be relaxed in two weeks
- PM Modi to hold virtual summit with British counterpart Boris Johnson on Tuesday
- Tory donor 'asked to fund nanny for Boris Johnson's baby' as PM 'needs £300k to get by'
UK’s Boris Johnson to unveil new coronavirus lockdown rules, including controversial ‘stay alert’ slogan have 346 words, post on www.foxnews.com at May 10, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.