Uber will reportedly instruct both drivers and passengers to wear face coverings during rides as part of efforts to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. Executives at the ridesharing giant greenlit the rule at a meeting last week, a source with knowledge of the decision told CNN. Uber later confirmed that it’s planning to introduce such a policy ahead of a gradual restart of its main business as shutdown restrictions begin to ease. The company is said to be developing technology to make sure its drivers abide by the rule. It’s not clear what form this will take, though it may be similar to Uber’s existing Real Time ID-check system that uses selfies and verification software to confirm the identity of drivers. Self-policing among drivers and passengers would also help to ensure everyone sticks to the new safety instruction. Lockdowns imposed globally weeks ago as a result of the pandemic have hammered countless businesses, Uber among them. But with some locations already looking to tentatively ease lockdown measures, the ridesharing company wants to be ready to start transporting passengers again — and safely. “As countries reopen, Uber is focused on safety and proceeding with caution,” the company said in a… Read full this story
- Coronavirus bus drivers still DON'T get hazmats... while evacuated British and European cruise passengers wear face masks as they are taken to two-week quarantine after arriving back in UK
- Chinese villager is tied to a post and scolded by a hazmat-clad inspector for refusing to wear a face mask during coronavirus outbreak
- Hundreds of brides and grooms kiss wearing surgical masks at mass wedding in coronavirus-hit city in the Philippines
- MoNRE demands proper disposal of face masks to prevent COVID-19 spread
- SF to require Lyft, Uber drivers to obtain business licenses
- VN Environment Ministry demands proper disposal of face masks to prevent COVID-19 spread
- When Uber drivers are hurt at work, who pays?
- Uber Drivers Around the World Tell All
- Passenger on quarantined Japan cruise ship creates infection panic during evacuation as she chants 'USA, USA' with no face mask, as 46 Americans onboard are diagnosed with coronavirus
- Why is Andreas Christensen wearing a mask for Chelsea against Tottenham?
Uber drivers and riders will soon be required to wear face masks have 356 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at May 4, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.