The former cop who is alleged to have shot Ahmaud Arbery dead was encouraged to be a vigilante by police months before the jogger was killed, shock text messages appear to show. Gregory McMichael, 64, and his son Travis McMichael, 34, have been charged with murder after unarmed jogger Arbery was shot dead in Brunswick, Georgia on February 23. New pictures seem to show a text exchange between an officer from Glynn County Police Department and Larry English, the owner of a construction site where the gunmen claim Arbery was trespassing at before his death, according to TMZ In the message, ’Officer Rash’ encourages English to contact ex-cop Gregory McMichael ‘day or night’ if motion-activated cameras show anyone on his property, rather than contacting the police. The text message Larry English received from a police officer in December 2019 telling him to contact neighbor Gregory McMichael if he needed help Gregory McMichael (left) and his son, Travis McMichael (right) are accused of killing unarmed jogger Ahmaud Arbery in February The McMichael men were caught on video chasing Arbery in a truck and then confronting him in the middle of the street before fatally shooting Arbery The text sent on December 20, 2019 – two… Read full this story
- The Vigilantes on Facebook Who Stream
- America's Long, Disturbing History of Black People Calling the Police and Ending Up Dead
- They’ve Been Filming the Police for Almost Two Decades. Meet America’s Copwatchers.
- When White Vigilantes Reign
- New Orleans' Police Problem
- Three Days in a Georgia City Where It's Not Segregation, It's 'Just The South'
- April 4, 1968, as Told by Black Reporters
- 2018 British Journalism Awards shortlist revealed: 'This is what Dame Cairncross needs to protect'
- What Norway can teach the U.S. about the deadly price of right-wing extremism
- Suspect in Calif. Rapes, Murders Went Undetected Working as Cop
Text reveals police told building site owner to call neighbor who shot dead Ahmaud Arbery 'day or night' if there was a crime as they encouraged the ex-cop to be a vigilante have 293 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at May 16, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.