Strictly Come Dancing bosses have reportedly secured some of their biggest names yet for the new series.
Show insiders claimed that many stars have finally said yes to appearing on the show after seeing their own work commitments cancelled by the coronavirus crisis.
It comes after Strictly It Takes Two host Zoe Ball said the show will be returning to screens this year despite concerns about COVID-19, as producers are considering options such as filming without a studio audience.
Huge stars: Strictly Come Dancing bosses have reportedly secured some of their biggest names yet for the new series (the 2019 cast are pictured above)
The insider told The Mirror: ‘We’ve signed up people we’ve been after for absolutely ages, who have said they were keen but were always tied up with other work.
‘Lots are saying yes who have said no before, simply because they’ve actually got the time to fit it in their schedules.’
Strictly bosses have continued preparations for the new series despite fears the show may not go ahead if government restrictions are kept in place.
Huge names: Show insiders claimed tmany stars have finally said yes after seeing their own work commitments cancelled by the COVID-19 crisis (Kelvin Fletcher and Oti Mabuse pictured)
The source added the bosses will consider pulling the show if there are still limitations on business such as the hairdresser or the dentist, as they believe such contact is on par with that of a dance routine.
They said: ‘If we get to September and we’re not allowed to have a haircut or go to the dentist, then we’ve got a real problem.’
MailOnline has contacted representatives for Strictly Come Dancing for further comment.
Hopeful: On Thursday Strictly: It Takes Two host Zoe Ball said she’s convinced the show will return later this year ‘whatever happens’
On Thursday Strictly: It Takes Two host Zoe Ball said she’s convinced the show will return later this year, with bosses currently considering options such as filming without a live audience.
The media personality told The Sun: ‘Whatever happens with the situation I know that they are going to put that show on somehow. It might not have a studio audience, it might be slightly different.’
Earlier this week, BBC bosses also confirmed Strictly may go ahead this autumn without its usual studio audience.
Comparing the series to RuPaul’s Drag Race during a virtual production meeting, BBC’s director of content Charlotte Moore said: ‘People think if it is a shiny floor it needs an audience and I don’t think that’s necessarily true.’
Earlier this month, insiders revealed to MailOnline that due to BBC executives ‘not knowing what world we’ll be in’ when the show hits screens, they are keeping options open.
Vacant: Earlier this week, BBC bosses also confirmed Strictly may go ahead this autumn without its usual studio audience (the empty dancefloor is pictured)
Despite reports claiming one option was to keep the celebrity and dance professionals in isolation together, sources insisted this was not plausible due to family ties yet a shortened run is one option on the table.
Insiders told us: ‘Bosses are looking at contingency plans but just don’t know where there’ll be at. They don’t know what world we’ll be in.
‘The international versions are running. Germany has no audience and are isolating but not in any kind of Big Brother style. Isolating individually then rehearsing.
‘Strictly are looking at options. At this stage, there’s no chance they could isolate as individuals or couples. That would leave any married or parent dancers not seeing their families for up to three months.
‘At the moment, it’s not being considered. No one knows where we’ll be in the world – if the series is a much shorter run, say. The isolation is not something that’s currently on the table.’
Claims: Insiders recently revealed executives are keeping their options open due to the global crisis (pictured L-R Bruno Tonioli, Motsi Mabuse, Shirley Ballas and Craig Revel Horwood)
- Introducing the Strictly Come Dancing class of 2019! Soap star Catherine Tyldesley, YouTuber Saffron Barker, Drag Race favourite Michelle Visage and ex-Lioness Alex Scott dust off their dancing shoes in first official portraits
- Banking crisis timeline
- 2007: How was it for security?
- Boris Johnson resigns over ‘turd’ Brexit plan – but Theresa May WON’T face leadership challenge
- Save $100 on Sennheiser PXC 550 wireless noise-canceling headphones [Deals & Steals]
- The Christmas Day bomber, Moore’s Law, and IT's biggest challenge
- A star is falling: the plight of Ariba
- 7 ways to use social media to get work done
- Preview of the CHAOS to come in 2019 and 2020… if you dare to glimpse reality
- How to make the iPhone work at work
- Olivia Nova Is the Fourth Porn Star to Die In Two Months. What's Going On In the Adult Industry?
- Olivia Nova Is the Fourth Porn Star to Die In Three Months. What's Going On In the Adult Industry?
- When ICE comes knocking, healthcare workers want to be prepared
- Hardware strategies and programming models: What's coming
- Ross Kemp EXCLUSIVE: 'I should have had kids 10 years earlier': Actor, 55, makes frank admission about fatherhood and reveals he's swapped warzones for yoga dates with his wife
- How a Dorm Room Minecraft Scam Brought Down the Internet
- Hackers Have Already Targeted the Winter Olympics—And May Not Be Done
- Apple’s New Campus: An Exclusive Look Inside the Mothership
- The 50 Best Hip-Hop Workout Songs of All Time
- The Curse of the Bahia Emerald, a Giant Green Rock That Wreaks Havoc and Ruins Lives
Strictly Come Dancing bosses 'have secured their biggest names yet as stars see their work plans cancelled by coronavirus crisis' have 972 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at May 2, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.