The woman having an affair with Professor Neil Ferguson had said the lockdown was putting a ‘strain’ on her open marriage as Health Secretary Matt Hancock today admitted the shamed scientist’s trysts had left him ‘speechless’. Professor Ferguson was branded an ‘arrogant hypocrite’ by critics today for catastrophically ‘undermining’ the government’s position and there was pressure for the police to fine him for ignoring the lockdown rules he helped create. But Scotland Yard has said this afternoon that while his behaviour is ‘plainly disappointing’, officers ‘do not intend to take any further action’ because ’he has accepted that he made an error of judgement and has taken responsibility’. Professor Ferguson will no longer advise the Government in any capacity, the PM’s spokesman said today, having quit the influential SAGE committee and the New and Emerging Respiratory Virus Threats Advisory Group [NERVTAG]. His employer Imperial College London is standing by him – but it is not clear if he will lose the significant amounts of taxpayer-funded grants he receives for his research each year. Professor Ferguson, 51, had asked his mistress Antonia Staats, 38, to travel across London from her £1.9million home at least twice despite lecturing 66million in Britain on the need to stay apart to stop… Read full this story
- Lockdown for three more weeks: Dominic Raab declares coronavirus curbs are working but must stay in force despite huge hit to economy - amid demands for an 'exit strategy'
- Nicola Sturgeon gazumps ministers AGAIN by declaring that lockdown measures will stay in place for 'at least' three more weeks - and promises the public an 'exit strategy' next week
- Bank of England boss Andrew Bailey warns against easing social distancing too early and says the psychological effects of a 'false start' that forces Britons back into lockdown could damage economy more
- Married Couple Born on Same Day in Same Hospital Celebrate Their 50th Birthday: 'It Means So Much'
- Rise of the coronavirus cheaters: People reveal how they manage to have lockdown affairs - including a personal trainer having FaceTime sex and a city worker who flouted the rules to invite a woman to his London pad
- Coronavirus live updates: NFL player tested positive for COVID-19, report says
- Ex-Chancellor Philip Hammond warns government MUST find a way to get Britain back to work and publish exit plan as it considers relaxing 'stay at home' rules to let 'bubble' of friends meet for meals, share childcare and reunite couples who live apart
- More senior Tories line up to blast government's handling of lockdown exit strategy as David Davis accuses minister of 'underestimating the public' and Tobias Ellwood calls for a 'road map' to normality
- We won’t stop swinging now we’re married – and even enjoyed a four-way sex session on our honeymoon
- Why a new pup is the perfect lockdown pep up: Days before the lockdown, dog breeders were inundated with calls from women wanting to isolate with a furry little friend, including a smitten RACHEL JOHNSON
Shamed Neil Ferguson's lover said lockdown 'strained' her open marriage to lookalike husband a day after the couple enjoyed secret tryst - as Matt Hancock says he's 'speechless' have 488 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at May 6, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.