Meghan Markle and Prince Harry stepped down as senior members of the royal family earlier this year sending shockwaves through the palace and the rest of the world.
The couple moved to Los Angeles in a bid to safeguard their privacy and lead a more independent and private life.
Commenting on the matter, royal commentator Katie Nicholl said the speed the pair decided to step back from royal life came as a shock.
“The speed at which the Sussexes have turned their lives around, has surprised everybody.I don’t think it’s a huge surprise they moved overseas, that was inevitable.I think the speed at which it’s happened has surprised people,” she revealed to Australian news outlet 9Honey.
Nicholl added that the Duke and Duchess had an agenda from the beginning, “They had an agenda from the outset – to be international royals. They didn’t want to just be stuck in one place. Part of their vision is to be making a difference on the world stage and that entails being international.”
“I was told from a very early stage in their courtship, they had told a friend of Harry’s that Meghan met quite early on that they wanted to be international roving royals and that was going to be their focus. So I think this idea that they were going to move away and work overseas was always on the cards but as I say, the speed at which it’s happened has definitely been surprising,” the royal expert concluded.
- ‘Phony’ Meghan Markle & Prince Harry used tombstones as ‘props’ in ‘PR stunt’ Remembrance Day, royal biographer blasts
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry form new bond to replace Kate and William in 'Feb Four'?
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry form new bond to replace Kate and William in 'Fab Four'?
- Meghan Markle & Prince Harry show the Queen how much baby Archie has grown on sweet Zoom chats, claims biographer
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry risk ending up like Princess Diana: report
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry Celebrate First U.S. Thanksgiving With Home-Cooked Meal With a Twist
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry might ‘decry the royal family’ with Netflix deal: report
- Meghan Markle & Prince Harry hand Frogmore Cottage to Princess Eugenie & move belongings to California in dead of night
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry will ‘stop being royal’ after 12 month review arrives: report
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry to have a low-key Thanksgiving as COVID-19 spikes
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry’s story may feature on ‘The Crown’: Omid Scobie
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry warned Queen may spark war over explosive interview
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry’s royal rift far from healing after recent drama
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry celebrate Thanksgiving quietly in new home after baby loss
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry have 'big plans' for Christmas after 'quiet' Thanksgiving
- Princess Eugenie moves into Meghan Markle, Prince Harry's Frogmore Cottage: sources
- 19 royal wedding facts we ALL missed: Meghan Markle, Prince Harry, Kate Middleton, Prince William, Princess Diana & more
- Royal wedding colour schemes revealed: Meghan Markle & Prince Harry, Kate Middleton & Prince William, more
- How Prince Harry Told Royal Family About Meghan Markle's Miscarriage
- Royal wedding cars: Prince William & Kate Middleton, Prince Harry & Meghan Markle, Prince Charles, more
Royal expert dishes Meghan Markle, Prince Harry ‘had an agenda from start’ have 516 words, post on www.thenews.com.pk at May 17, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.