Republican calls for the House of Representatives to reconvene continue to mount after the Senate returned amid the coronavirus pandemic.Republican House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy yesterday outlined his vision for how the lower house of congress could get back to work, suggesting a phased plan beginning with committees meeting first.The Senate congregated on Monday, despite stay-at-home measures prompted by COVID-19 remaining in place in Washington, D.C., prompting questions of the House of Representatives.Lee Zeldin (R-NY) joined the calls for a return, referencing key workers who have been going about their duties despite the outbreak while stating the House should similarly be fulfilling its functions.”The House of Representatives should be in DC at work right now. There is so much so wrong with the House being AWOL like this,” he tweeted. “Health care workers, cops, truckers, farmers, grocery story workers & many others NEVER stopped working. It’s time for the House to report back for duty!”Michael Burgess (R-TX) similarly cited those who have worked throughout lockdowns.”I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. The House of Representatives has to get back to Washington,” he tweeted. “If health care workers, cashiers, and other Americans can return to work, so can we.”… Read full this story
- White House staff rally around Mulvaney amid rising frustration
- Can Trump convince Republican voters in Alabama Senate primary to back his man? President goes all-in on establishment pick facing tough challengers
- Latino Republican House Member May Back Trump in '20
- White House: Ukraine aid held up amid Trump push for investigation of Democrats
- Federal Anti-Animal Cruelty Bill Passes in U.S. House, Heads to Senate
- Argentina's conservative president Mauricio Macri concedes defeat as the more left-leaning Peronist government returns to power amid concerns of growing poverty
- As Trump comes to town, which suburban Republicans will join the bandwagon?
- Republicans Fight Trump’s Impeachment by Attacking the Process
- Republicans in Congress take the reins in impeachment defense amid damaging testimony for Trump
- House Republicans are trying to discredit key witnesses and are taking a more confrontational stance against the impeachment process against President Trump
Republicans Call for House of Representatives to Return After Senate Reconvenes Amid Coronavirus Pandemic have 358 words, post on www.newsweek.com at May 5, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.