Mike Pompeo stayed at the CIA’s top-secret retreat known as ‘the farm’ for Christmas when he was director of the spy agency and officials discussed turning a four-story Georgian manor into his official residence. The revelations about his time as spy director come as Pompeo is under fire for accusations he’s used his position as secretary of state to woo and build a donor base for the benefit of his political career. While CIA director from 2017 to 2018, Pompeo put together an outside board of advisers that were treated to ’lavish’ dinners, classified briefings, and at least one trip to the CIA’s secret training facilities, Politico reported, citing sources in the agency. The group was allowed to visit the Farm, as the CIA’s training site is known, when they wished and were given interim security clearances. They also went shooting on the government property. The Farm is where the agency trains its officers for clandestine activities. Activities Mike Pompeo participated in as CIA director are now under scrutiny; above Pompeo is seen at his Senate confirmation hearing for the director job in January 2017 Mike Pompeo caused an internal fracas at the CIA when he and his family – wife Susan… Read full this story
- CBS reporter claims a White House official referred to coronavirus as the 'Kung Flu' to her face - after Trump called it the 'Chinese Virus'
- Mike Pompeo Rebuffs Attacks from Offended Reporters: ‘Enormously Frustrating’
- Mike Pompeo Says Iranians and Chinese Will 'Hold Their Leaders Responsible' for Coronavirus Failings
- Mike Pompeo and the new ‘Cold War’
- Mike Pompeo's Delhi visit to set stage for Modi-Trump talks in Osaka
- China poses substantial threat to Americans' health, way of life: Mike Pompeo
- US slashes aid to Afghanistan after Mike Pompeo trip to Kabul
- Secretary of State Mike Pompeo lands in Afghanistan
- Pompeo calls for the release of Americans held in Venezuela amid coronavirus outbreak
- White House Officials Alerted Nunes to Incidental Surveillance of Trump’s Team
Mike Pompeo stayed at the CIA's top-secret retreat for Christmas and agency held talks about turning a four-story house into his official residence while he was director have 330 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at May 27, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.