McDONALD’S has added two vegetarian options to its limited lockdown menu after a backlash. The fast food chain is reopening more than 1,000 restaurants for drive-thru and deliveries. ⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates After veggies complained, McD’s said the reduced menu was devised before operational tests. However, it said it found that Veggie Dippers and the Vegetable Deluxe could be prepared safely and added them. A spokesperson for McDonald’s said: “Ever since our first restaurant safely reopened over two weeks ago, vegetarian and vegan products have been available on both our main and Happy Meal menus. “Before making the decision to reopen, we carried out a number of tests to ensure we were able to maintain social distancing.most read in moneyEGG-CELLENT Aldi’s £150 egg chair like ones loved by Stacey Solomon is going back on saleBACK IN BUSINESSFull list of shops allowed to reopen on June 15 including betting shopsSTOCK UPShoppers can get £70-worth of high street clothes for £35 with Lost Stock boxesCRACKING DEALWhere to buy the cheapest hanging egg chair – including Aldi, Wilko and B&MHOUSE ABOUT ITCheap first-time buyer mortgages – and how to work out what you can affordJERSEY… Read full this story
- Coronavirus: McDonalds adds eggs to its essential grocery items menu
- Uproar as McDonald's 'bans black people from entering their store in a Chinese city out of fears they might have coronavirus'
- Advantages of limited premium payment term insurance plans
- Industry struggling to stay afloat during coronavirus lockdown in Pakistan
- Indian restaurants bring Easter meals to people’s homes this lockdown
- Easy Vegetarian Ideas For Your Next Quarantine Dinner
- Lockdown: How shops, restaurants can use Google to inform people about timings, delivery details and more
- Clever mum tricked her kids with a homemade McDonald’s Happy Meal – and even recreated packaging
- Morrisons adds 100,000 boxes of essentials a week to help households get supplies delivered
- McDonald’s fan shows how to make Big Mac sauce at home in lockdown – and it’s really simple
McDonald’s adds two vegetarian options to limited lockdown menu after backlash have 335 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at May 30, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.