HBO revealed the first official trailer for its rebooted Perry Mason series on Friday. The brooding crime show features The Americans’ Matthew Rhys, 45, in the title role as a detective–turned–criminal defense attorney as he investigates a child’s kidnapping. The project was originally intended to be a film starring Robert Downey Jr., though he dropped out and brought the project to HBO after he signed on to more Marvel films through Avengers: Endgame. Thriller: HBO revealed the first trailer for its brooding, noir-influenced series Perry Mason on Friday, starring The Americans’ Matthew Rhys, John Lithgow and Tatiana Maslany Though Mason is best known from the 1950s and ’60s television series starring Raymond Burr as a criminal defense attorney, the film noir–influenced series is set in 1931, when he’s still a detective. The clip opens with a montage of Mason walking down empty corridors as he’s greeted by Elias Birchard ‘E.B.’ Jonathan, played by John Lithgow. RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Perry Mason trailer features first footage of Matthew Rhys… Jaime King spotted arriving to a friend’s house in Beverly… Patrick Dempsey’s famously fabulous mane gets a temporary… Ed Sheeran is ‘brewing his own beer to supply the pub on the… Share… Read full this story
- Al Pacino assembles team to bring Nazis to justice in first trailer for Jordan Peele series Hunters: 'This is not murder, this is mitzah'
- Arthur Marks, ‘Perry Mason’ and Blaxploitation Director, Dies at 92
- Arthur Marks, Producer and Director on 'Perry Mason' and a Blaxploitation Maverick, Dies at 92
- Arthur Marks Dies: Producer And Director Of ‘Perry Mason’ & Blaxploitation Films Was 92
- Producer, director Marks dies; helmed ‘Perry Mason’ episodes
- Andy Serkis terrifies Scrooge as the Ghost of Christmas Past in FX’s chilling A Christmas Carol trailer
- Matilda Lawler Joins ‘Station Eleven’ HBO Max Limited Series
- Netflix Releases Trailer for New Vampire Series V Wars
- The Report movie release date, trailer, cast, plot for Adam Driver film
- Tom Hanks stars as Mr. Rogers in 'A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood' trailer
Matthew Rhys investigates a chilling child kidnapping in the first full-length trailer for HBO's Perry Mason series have 342 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at May 30, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.