From anti-vaxxers to 9/11 truthers to the church of QAnon that believes a secret cabal of all-powerful “deep state” pedophiles are trying to take down Donald Trump, diverse conspiracy faiths have conjoined to make the global coronavirus the ultimate new world order plot. Nearly one third of people in the US believe, for instance, that the coronavirus was started in a Wuhan lab, according to Pew Research — an idea also propagated by Donald Trump, even if it was rejected by his own intelligence advisers. This view supports the belief that coronavirus is a bioweapon, a thesis that crosses over with the anti-vaxxer conspiracy that Bill Gates, aka the “antichrist,” will soon control the global population via a microchip (the “Mark of Satan”) that he wants to insert in all humans during coronavirus immunizations. Meanwhile, evil 5G technology supposedly helps spread the virus to this end. The broad tenets of the COVID-19 conspiracy came together in the viral Plandemic documentary that began life on a QAnon Facebook page, and which was shared by Republican politicians before it was banned on social media sites. In short, it argued that the coronavirus is the evil spawn of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, who… Read full this story
- Who killed Jill Dando? The main theories explained
- He Played by the Rules of Putin’s Russia, Until He Didn’t: The Story of a Murder
- Fact-checking Trump’s CPAC speech
- Investigation reveals impact of deadly statin denier propaganda
- Trump Shakes Off Diplomatic Breakup by Tearing into Cohen
- This Is What the Beginning of a Real Israel Debate Looks Like
- These Are The Types Of Islamophobia Fox News Is OK With
- Railing Against India’s Right-Wing Nationalism Was a Calling. It Was Also a Death Sentence.
- How the New Zealand Shooter Hijacked Our Social-Media Hellscape
- Social Media Was Made For This
Latest conspiracy theories repeat old stories have 305 words, post on www.dw.com at May 29, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.