Kate Beckinsale is living her best life aged 46 – but is very aware that there are many people who don't want her to have fun at all.
The Underworld actress has called out the expectation that women 'over 32' to basically give up on life, and we couldn't be more for her message.
The mother-of-one appears on the cover of this month's Women's Health – looking sensational, we might add – and spoke to the magazine about her audacity to not sit at home crocheting in her forties.
Kate said: 'It can feel like a little bit of a political act to be a woman over 32 who's having any fun at all… "Oh my god, I'm going to sit home and anticipate menopause while crocheting."
'Unless you're doing that, it somehow seems to be risqué, which is just ridiculous to me.'
Beckinsale, who was previously married to Len Wiseman and had a long-term relationship with Michael Sheen, has had plenty of experience of this sort of shaming thanks to her love life in recent months.
Last year, her relationship with Pete Davidson, 26, made headlines after they tangled tongues at a hockey game (with poor Antoni Porowski third wheeling ), with their 20-year age gap raising eyebrows.
The Pearl Harbour actress was then rumoured to have sparked a romance with Machine Gun Kelly , 30, after they were pictured hanging out, although Kate soon denied the relationship.
Now, Kate is dating Canadian musician Goody Grace who, at 22, is 24 years younger than her and just one year older than Beckinsale's daughter Lily.
Seemingly addressing the criticism of her love life, Kate said: 'I witness men constantly doing whatever they like, whether that's in relationships, or deciding to buy a motorbike, or getting a tattoo. It hasn't been interpreted as, "Why hasn't he had more children?" or "Is he ever going to decide to become a parent?" or "Why has he had so many girlfriends?"'
Goody is self-isolating with Kate at her Los Angeles home , and sources have claimed that the Scumbag singer is the 'perfect quarantine boyfriend'.
A source told People: 'She has been dating him since the beginning of the year. They have fun and Kate seems happy. His age is not an issue for her. It's just a number.'
While another added: 'Kate enjoys his company. She finds him very mature, smart and creative.
'He entertains her with music, they cook and watch movies.'
Read the full Kate Beckinsale interview in the June 2020 issue of Women's Health, on sale from the 6 May 2020, also available as a digital edition.
- What to Do If You Feel Like a Guilty Parent
- Doctors-How to Make Your Wife Feel Like A Million Bucks! (Even If You've Been Married For 30 Years)
- What to Do When You Feel Like Pitching YOUR BUSINESS OUT THE WINDOW!
- Quick Tips On Getting Motivated When You Don't Feel Like It
- Feel Like a (Romantic) Kid Again
- Loss - When Half of a Whole Feels Like Zero
- Political Correctness - The Liberal Brand of Censorship
- Validating Liberal Political Comments a Real Choir
- The Murder of Ananias and Sapphira in Acts 5 -- Promoting Fear When Perfect Love Just Won't Do
- FEELING Good Trumps BEING Good
- Pragmatism, Not Chavez, To Dictate Peru Politics
- Political Correctness and Human Righteousness
- The Transformation Of Political Science And The Rise In Crime Rates
- Newspapers And Political Bias
- Homosexual Movement Disenchanted With Politics in America
- Fun is a Powerful Alternative Medicine - Just Don't Confuse it with Funny
- Laughter, Play, Fun, Joy, Happiness
- Illegal Aliens are Starting to Act Out
- India Needs A President Like Us President
- Seven Ways International Organizations Can Get the U.S. Government to Listen - and Act!
Kate Beckinsale, 46, thinks it feels like a ‘political act’ to have fun over 32 have 675 words, post on metro.co.uk at May 6, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.