NEW DELHI: Former Australia captain Ian Chappell named his pick between current India captain Virat Kohli and Australia cricketer Steve Smith. With no cricket being played these days due to coronavirus pandemic, former and current stars are engaging on social media to keep themselves busy and entertained. Chappell was asked to pick one between Smith and Kohli and he told ESPN Cricinfo’s Raunak Kapoor on Twitter: “As captain or batsman?” To this, Kapoor said, “You tell me.” News in BriefExplore Briefs Chappell said: “I’d take Kohli both ways, as captain and batsman.” Despite Smith being his compatriot, Chappell went ahead with Kohli who is widely regarded as the greatest batsmen in the modern era. He also gave him his vote of confidence as captain. Chappell was one of the most charismatic Australian leaders of all-time and led them to many-a-famous victories during his time at helm. In total, he played 75 Tests and 16 ODIs for Australia. He was also asked during the session about bowlers he would have liked to captained and he picked former West Indies pacer Malcolm Marshall and former Pakistan speedster Wasim Akram.
- David Warner shaves head to show support to medical staff, challenges Virat Kohli, Steve Smith to do so
- Mike Hesson Throws Weight Behind Virat Kohli, Says India Captain Wasn't The Only One to Struggle in New Zealand
- Coronavirus: David Warner Shaves Head To Show Support To Medical Staff, Asks Virat Kohli To Follow
- Virat Kohli And Kevin Pietersen To Go Live On Instagram On April 2
- MS Dhoni Did Not Want Virat Kohli to Play For India in 2008: Dilip Vengsarkar
- Virat Kohli's Brilliant Innings Knocked Australia Out Of World T20 In 2016. Watch
- VVS Laxman's 281 among Ian Chappell's all-time great knocks against spin
- Verbal duel between Virat Kohli and Tim Paine done in good spirits: Josh Hazlewood
- Steve Smith again eligible for captaincy after two-year ban ends
- ‘We don’t even need to talk’: Virat Kohli names 2 batsmen he loves batting with in Instagram live with Kevin Pietersen
Ian Chappell picks Virat Kohli over Steve Smith as captain and batsman have 334 words, post on timesofindia.indiatimes.com at May 1, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.