Rosie Duffield quizzes Boris Johnson in PMQs during lockdown
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
The Mail on Sunday revealed she met her married partner for a long walk in April. This happened before lockdown restrictions were eased allowing members of different households to meet. Ms Duffield said: “My partner and I have been attempting to navigate a difficult personal situation as responsibly as possible.
"I apologise that during that process, we breached the guidelines.”
“A relationship breakdown is difficult at the best of times, let alone during a pandemic.
“I hope people can understand why I took the steps I did and know that I take responsibility for the breaches that occurred and for which I apologise.”
Ms Duffield told the Mail that the couple ensured social distancing during the walk.
Rosie Duffield has resigned from the Labour frontbench (Image: GETTY)
Dominic Cummings is in the media spotlight for driving to Durham during lockdown (Image: GETTY)
It is understood that the couple are now living together at the same property after the partner separated from his wife.
Ms Duffield has been Canterbury MP since the 2017 election.
She beat former Tory minister Julian Brazier after increasing the Labour vote share by more than a fifth.
Her majority was just 187.
Coronavirus symptoms (Image: EXPRESS)
However, she held onto the seat in the December election.
Her majority increased to 1,836
This report comes following the news of Dominic Cummings driving from London to Durham whilst he was supposed to be self-isolating so he could be near his parents if he and his wife became too ill to look after their son.
Several opposition figures have called on Mr Cummings to resign or be sacked, but Boris Johnson has backed his aide so far, though some reports suggest he has given him an ultimatum to avoid any further media firestorms.
- Labour's chief whip demands an apology from Jeremy Corbyn for claiming the scale of anti-Semitism in the party was 'dramatically overstated'
- Ministerial code: five who did resign over breach accusations
- When does lockdown end?
- Last push to beat Covid: Boris Johnson unveils post-December 2 lockdown 'Tiers' vowing they will be 'redundant' by MARCH amid rising vaccine hopes - with gyms and Christmas shopping back on the cards but warnings of a 'catastrophe' for pubs
- Keir Starmer Facing Cabinet Resignations if Labour MPs Forced to Vote for Brexit Deal, Reports Claim
- Watchdog resigns after 'bullying' Priti Patel keeps job despite breaching code
- Thursday briefing: Standoff as Starmer doesn't return the whip to Corbyn
- Why has Jeremy Corbyn been suspended by Labour party and has he had his whip removed?
- Priti Patel: Boris Johnson says home secretary didn't breach ministerial code - but ethics adviser quits after finding she did
- Boris Johnson rules Priti Patel did not breach ministerial code over bullying allegations
- Tale of Two Cities: Crowds of Christmas shoppers flock to Edinburgh... while an hour away in Glasgow, streets lie deserted after Sturgeon's tough Tier 4 lockdown
- Tory MP Caroline Ansell quits her Government job after rebelling to back Labour and Marcus Rashford's bid to offer free school meals to children during holidays until Easter 2021 as she says she could not 'ignore' her conscience
- Boris Johnson avoids public Lee Cain grilling as Government ‘in chaos’ over top PR chief’s dramatic resignation
- 'This is about saving lives': PM lashes out at Andy Burnham's lack of 'leadership' as Greater Manchester Mayor refuses to accept Tier Three lockdown rules and haggles for more money - but Lancashire AGREES to the curbs from TOMORROW with '£30m bailout'
- Operation Chatty Rat catcher: GLEN OWEN reveals the inside story of the hunt to find the leaker who bounced Boris Johnson into lockdown
- Lord Stoddart of Swindon obituary
- Boris Johnson 'pressured adviser to tone down Priti Patel bullying report to make findings more palatable' – as PM urges Tory MPs to 'form a square around the Pritster' after her apology
- Fury as Corbyn allies claim he had suspension lifted because he said 'nothing factually or morally wrong' on anti-Semitism as Sir Keir Starmer faces demands to BLOCK ex-leader from rejoining parliamentary party
- PM's standards adviser QUITS as Boris Johnson REFUSES to sack Priti Patel after bullying probe finds she DID break ministerial code as Home Secretary apologises for 'my behaviour in the past'
- Public school mandarin vs Essex girl: How Cambridge-educated Sir Alex Allan stormed off because Boris refused to sack comprehensive-schooled Priti Patel over 'bullying' claims
Humiliation for Labour as whip resigns from frontbench role after breaching lockdown have 848 words, post on www.express.co.uk at May 31, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.