This quiz is brought to you in collaboration with Art UK, the online home for the UK’s public art collections, showing art from over 3,000 venues and by 45,000 artists. Each day, a different collection on Art UK will set the questions.
Today, our questions are set by Ferens Art Gallery, Hull. The Ferens Art Gallery has one of the finest regional art collections in the country. Opened in 1927, the Ferens is one of eight sites that comprise Hull Museums, operated by Hull Culture and Leisure Limited since 2014. Collection strengths include European old masters from the 14th century onwards – especially Netherlandish 17th century, maritime painting and 20th century British art.
- Al Murray talks snowflakes and Winston Churchill as he gears up to host celebrity Great British Pub Quiz
- Great exhibitions: 2017's best art, photography, architecture and design
- Look what we did
- Art gives me fulfillment, deeper appreciation for nature — Aguddah
- Ross Edgley's 157-day swim around Great Britain sets new benchmark in endurance swimming
- Review: Gilbert & George, the Siegfried & Roy of avant garde art, get an eye-popping show
- The Millennium Dome 20 years on… revisiting a very British fiasco
- Forgotten Masters review – the natural history geniuses robbed by the British empire
- Rihanna’s British Fashion Award Is Important. But Why Call It ‘Urban Luxe’?
- Art to inspire: Ali Smith, Alain de Botton and others on the works they love
- Did Meghan Markle’s ‘Vanity Fair’ Cover Herald the Next Royal Wedding?
- Art Under Attack at Tate: the exhibition that risks desecrating itself
- Black Beauty Won the Night at the 2019 British Fashion Awards
- Ulay v Marina: how art's power couple went to war
- 'She Loves Me' at The Arts at Angeloria's - A Review
- Review: 'She Loves Me' at The Arts at Angeloria's
- Ai Weiwei launches controversial public art project focused on immigration
- Turner prize winners Assemble: 'Art? We're more interested in plumbing'
- Art theft: 'There is always a risk for museums'
- Meet the Michelin-star British chef who prefers dosas over English Breakfast!
How long did it take Ulysses to get home? The great British art quiz have 371 words, post on www.theguardian.com at May 26, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.