Ghislaine Maxwell is ‘not convinced’ her former lover Jeffrey Epstein killed himself, a source close to the socialite has said.
Epstein, who had already been found guilty in previous child sex cases, was found hanged in his cell at Manhattan’s Metropolitan Correctional Centre where he was awaiting trial on a string of sex-trafficking charges.
Maxwell, who is said to be in hiding as the FBI’s net closes around Epstein’s circle, was accused yesterday of procuring girls for the paedophile financier in England and taking them to the US to have sex with him on his private jet.
‘She is not convinced he killed himself. Who is? The only one is the medical examiner in New York,’ the Sun reported a source close to Maxwell saying.
Virginia Roberts claims Ghislaine Maxwell (right) recruited her into Jeffrey Epstein’s (left) circle before the financier forced her to have sex with his wealthy and powerful friends
Pictured: A photograph of disgraced billionaire financier Jeffrey Epstein’s cell after he was found hanged at a Manhattan prison in New York in August last year
Maxwell is pictured with Prince Andrew and Virginia Roberts, who says that the Duke of York slept with her after Jeffrey Epstein trafficked her to London. The prince has denied any wrongdoing in the case
‘The only thing anybody knows for sure is that he died on a particular date at a particular time.
‘Prisons are dangerous places and particularly dangerous for paedophiles.
‘You don’t have to buy into a conspiracy theory to believe that he was killed in prison.’
Epstein’s cause of death was ruled as a suicide by hanging by the New York coroner but an investigator hired by Epstein’s estate said the scene was more consistent with murder.
Epstein victim Virginia Roberts claims Maxwell recruited her into the financier’s circle before he forced her to have sex with his wealthy and powerful friends, including Prince Andrew, when she was 17. The prince has denied any wrongdoing.
Epstein (pictured) killed himself in prison while awaiting trial on sex trafficking charges
Like Maxwell, Roberts also senses foul play around Epstein’s death.
In December she tweeted: ‘I am no conspiracist, I rely on facts, things that are real & I can see. The problem here is we can’t see anything at all. It’s all gone “missing”.
‘Epstein’s case from the start to now has been shrouded in secrecy & deceit. #EpsteinSuicideCoverUp.”
Another accuser of Epstein asked where the investigation was into his ‘murder’.
The conspiracy theories suggest Epstein was killed to protect his powerful friends from scandal.
The Maxwell source, however, said the theories were ‘conspiracy conclusions’ and that in prison, there are murderers with a hatred for those guilty of sex offences against children.
- Prince Andrew: Father of the bride still remembered for friendship with billionaire pedophile Jeffrey Epstein
- San Jose murder defendant says he framed himself for parents’ deaths
- If Whitey Bulger thought he was safe in W.Va. prison, he wasn’t
- Miami's Longest-Serving Jail Inmate Still Hasn't Gone on Trial 13 Years After a Murder Spree
- "There's definitely a lot more to the story" says man charged in fiancée's fatal fall from cliff
- Anatomy of Two Murders, Part II: Did Salim Richards Know His Killer?
- Former boxer marked for murder goes undercover to catch the person who wanted him dead
- Undocumented Immigrant Charged with Murder In Fatal Stabbing on Fishing Boat
- Judge sets $20,000 bail for defendant in infant's killing, says prosecution's case 'appears to be poor'
- Texas mom who faked son’s illness guilty of attempted murder
- San Jose: Guilty verdict for man tried for parents’ murder in Evergreen
- To All The Sims I've Killed Before
- My grandma was pursued by suspect in 89-year-old's killing, West Linn woman says
- Saudi Arabia admits Khashoggi died in consulate, Trump says Kingdom's account credible
- Supporters of sentencing reform say next year, they may see successYou may also be interested in...
- Toxins In The Flesh Of Murdered Animals Include Blood, Sweat, And Tears : Indybay
- Houston woman heads to prison for her role in ‘virtual kidnappings’
- James ‘Whitey’ Bulger dead after long, murderous career
- Prison inmate claims he took the rap for 2009 strangling on fishing boat because the actual killer threatened him
- Killer Performance: Investigation of Calif. murders unfolds like a big-screen mystery
Ghislaine Maxwell suggests her paedophile friend Jeffrey Epstein was murdered in prison and says she is 'not convinced' he killed himself have 707 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at May 8, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.