Former Australia captain Ian Chappell has asked Australian cricketers, on large Cricket Australia contracts, to give the lucrative Indian Premier League (IPL) a miss if its dates clash with the Australian domestic season. Speaking to the Wide World of Sports, Chappell suggested that these players have an obligation towards their country first. “Well this is coming from someone who’s never been a fan of the board, but the top players are looked after very well by Cricket Australia these days, so I think there’s an obligation there.“It’s also a chance to stand up and say the cricket world isn’t going to be pushed around by India,” the cricketer-turned-commentator said. He further said that players who earn the majority of their income from playing in IPL and other leagues shouldn’t be stopped.Also read: Don’t think KL Rahul is a long-term option, Dhoni still no. 1 keeper: Mohammad Kaif“I could mount a case more for a peripheral player who doesn’t earn a lot of money in Australia; if the bulk of his income is going to come from the IPL, well that’s something I would have some sympathy for if I was a CA board member.“But the top players… Read full this story
- Ian Chappell picks Virat Kohli over Steve Smith as captain and batsman
- BCCI says no concrete back-up plan yet for domestic season
- BCCI feels even the T20 World Cup in Australia too will be in doubt
- Coronavirus in Sport LIVE: Premier League matches ‘could be less than 90 minutes’, EFL may not start next season
- Australia have best bowling attack in world cricket, says Jason Gillespie
- Clash of the Codes: A phone call which changed Martin Offiah's life
- "Sachin Tendulkar Was Toying With Shane Warne": Brett Lee
- Rohit Sharma birthday: Cricketing fraternity wishes Hitman as he turns 33
- Coronavirus and sports: What happened in March 2020?
- Here is the complete calendar of Indian Cricket Team in 2018
Former Australia captain Ian Chappell asks Australian stars to skip IPL if dates clash with domestic season have 319 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at May 22, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.