UP to 22 Debenhams stores will never reopen after the coronavirus crisis with thousands of staff set to lose their jobs. Debenhams currently has 142 stores in total, employing around 20,000 people. ⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates Of these, 17 stores will permanently close for good while the future of five more shops is still uncertain, insiders say. Debenhams has already announced where the 17 stores set to close are located, we’ve listed them below. But it’s not yet confirmed where the five shops at risk are located. Hundreds of roles will also be axed in Debenhams’ head office.The department store chain was struggling going into the pandemic and it is understood the crisis has accelerated closure plans. It comes as the retailer plans to reopen 90 stores in England from June 15, with 30 more stores expected to reopen shortly after – leaving the future of 22 shops in the balance. Which Debenhams stores are set to close?BELOW are 17 of the Debenhams shops set to permanently close. Borehamwood Clapham Croydon Kidderminster Kings Lynn Leamington-Spa Leicester Merthyr Tydfil Reading Rugby Salisbury South Shields Southampton Stratford Swindon Truro Westfield Reopened stores will have… Read full this story
- Women's Clothing Chain Closing, Including 22 Maryland Stores
- New Poundland store opened by TOWIE star
- Bed Bath & Beyond Changes, Closures: Can MD's 19 Stores Survive?
- The 'Some photos are worth way more than a thousand words' quiz
- NFL Rumors Involve Dallas Cowboys' Cutting Dez Bryant, NY Giants Trading Odell Beckham Jr
- Report: Marquette King cut due to personality clash with Jon Gruden
- Adams scores 19 to lead UConn over ECU (Jan 22, 2017)
- 22 of the best Beatles covers
- 12 NFL veterans whose jobs are on the line in 2018
- ESPN eliminating 150 production, tech jobs in latest cuts
Debenhams will never reopen up to 22 of its 142 stores with thousands of jobs cut have 289 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at May 28, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.