Over thousand migrant workers gathered near the Bandra Terminus in Mumbai on May 19 before the departure of a Shramik Special train,leading to chaos in the area for some time.A Western Railway official said that the crowd was later dispersed. Officials also said that only those who had registered were allowed to board the train.In a video clip of Tuesday’s incident that went viral on social media, a large number of migrants were seen carrying their luggages and running towards the gate of the Bandra Terminus.Close The crowd started gathering in the area around 11 am, sources said. related news Lockdown 4.0: Manoj Tiwari goes to Haryana to play cricket, AAP blasts him Shares in depository account can be used as margin till August 31: SEBI Startup Livspace lays off 450 employees on adverse business impact from COVID-19 Track this blog for latest updates on the coronavirus outbreakThe Western Railway in a statement later said a Shramik Special train was scheduled for Purnia from the Bandra Terminus in which passengers registered with the state authorities were to travel.However, many people, who were not registered and not called by the state authorities, gathered on a road and a bridge near the station,… Read full this story
- Experts urge effective labor migration policies to protect African migrant workers
- Google Checkout: Cyber Monday impacts U.S. workers
- 1,000 African Migrants Armed With Sticks, Improvised Spears Storm Spanish Border
- Hundreds of African Migrants Rampage Through Streets After Storming Spanish Border
- Sex Workers Deserve Mental Health Care, Too
- Shah Rukh Khan fans brave Mumbai rains to wish him at Mannat!
- UK warned over migrant IT worker shortfall
- Bhumi Pednekar joins hands with thousands of Mumbaikars to raise her voice for climate conservation!
- IPL Highlights, MI vs RR Highlights: Rajasthan Royals Beat Mumbai Indians By Four Wickets
- Trump's Migrant Policy: First Blowback, Then About-Face
COVID-19 impact | Over thousand migrant workers gather at Mumbai's Bandra Terminus have 310 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at May 19, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.