With temperatures set to reach highs of 26C (79F) over the bank holiday weekend, councils with responsibility for beaches and beauty spots are warning people to keep away.Pictures of crowds flocking to beaches in Brighton and Southend in recent days have raised concerns over social distancing.Following the easing of some lockdown measures last week, there are no restrictions on how far people can travel to get to the countryside, National Parks and beaches in England.The Met Office is forecasting that temperatures could hit 26C (79F) in London on Monday, with coastal areas likely to see highs of around 20C (68F). Coronavirus: The infection numbers in real time Saturday is expected to be the coldest day, before the mercury climbs on Sunday and Monday, with wall-to-wall sunshine in the west and sunny spells in the east. Advertisement Councillor Carmen Appich, from Brighton & Hove City Council, urged anyone thinking of travelling to the city “to consider very carefully how their journey will impact on others”. If you’re thinking of visiting the coast in Devon this bank holiday, please #thinktwice about the distance you’re travelling & if you could stay closer to home? Overnight stays are not permitted & you must always… Read full this story
- UK bank holiday weather: Brits set for sizzling weekend - see your area's forecast
- Weekend lockdown breakers WILL be fined: Police warning as TWO Sage experts warn that social distancing is being eased too early and UK braces for mass rule breaking in scorching weather
- Sun-seekers ignore warnings they'll be fined for breaking lockdown rules as they head to beaches with temperatures set to hit 82F – despite THREE Sage scientists saying we are lifting restrictions too soon
- Coronavirus UPDATES: First pubs forced to close two days after reopening in Covid scare
- Another day at the beach: Lockdown Britons flock back to the seaside to bask in 80F temperatures as Devon and Cornwall police chief who sent illegal campers home warns anyone thinking of staying overnight to 'think again'
- Coronavirus lockdown: Eight ways the lockdown has changed the UK
- 'Don't tear the pants out of it!' Government adviser Prof Van-Tam warns public not to abuse liberties and risk pushing R rate above 1 when lockdown is eased and says 'we're at a very dangerous moment' after huge crowds swarm beaches in 82F temperatures
Coronavirus: People urged to stay away from UK beaches over bank holiday weekend have 393 words, post on news.sky.com at May 23, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.