The Chronicle’s Live Updates page documents the latest events in the coronavirus outbreak in the Bay Area, the state of California and across the U.S. with a focus on health and economic impacts. The San Francisco Chronicle’s ongoing coverage is available to subscribers. Subscribe now for full access and to support our work. Total coronavirus cases: • 50,430 in California, including 2,042 deaths. • 8,188 in the Bay Area, including 299 deaths. • More than 1.07 million in the U.S., including 63,019 deaths. The five states with the highest death tolls are New York with 23,587; New Jersey with 7,228; Michigan with 3,789; Massachusetts with 3,562 and Pennsylvania with 2,475. Click here to see a U.S. map with state-by-state death tolls and coronavirus case counts. • More than 3.2 million in the world, with more than 233,000 deaths. More than 1 million people have recovered. Coronavirus cases by city: For detailed maps and new city-by-city Bay Area data, check out The Chronicle’s Coronavirus Tracker. To get regular updates on our coverage, sign up for our coronavirus newsletter. Latest updates from today: 10:15 a.m. SF to mandate universal testing at nursing homes: San Francisco health officials are preparing to issue a… Read full this story
- In the Nursing Home, Empty Beds and Quiet Halls
- Nursing homes sedate residents with dementia by misusing antipsychotic drugs, report finds
- Aggressive Neighbors in the Nursing Home
- Pinellas Park Nursing Home Now in Compliance With 2017 Generator Law
- Live Updates, India vs South Africa, 1st Test
- Adenovirus outbreak: Wanaque nursing home workers speak of grief, stress
- Autopsy done as part of Pleasant Acres nursing home death investigation
- At some nursing homes, deficiencies repeat over and over
- Neglected: Could review teams prevent deaths of elderly patients by Florida nursing homes?
- Nursing homes get more time to obtain generators
Coronavirus live updates: SF to require testing at nursing homes have 280 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at May 1, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.