Turkey and Russia believe the worst is over, reporting fewer cases Former European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker tells DW that Germany’s decision to close its border with Luxembourg was an “absurdity” Talks continue on reopening European borders Brazil has issued new guidelines for the wider use of anti-malaria drugs in mild cases, despite experts’ advice Updates in Universal Coordinated Time (UTC/GMT) 20:09 The World Health Organization (WHO) is concerned by the rising number of cases in poor countries. The UN health body said 106,000 new infections had been registered over the last 24 hours, the most in a single day worldwide since the virus first became public knowledge almost five months ago. “We still have a long way to go in this pandemic,” WHO director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told a news conference. “We are very concerned about rising cases in low and middle income countries.” Dr. Mike Ryan, head of WHO’s emergencies program, said: “We will soon reach the tragic milestone of 5 million cases.” 19:25 Former European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker has criticized Germany’s handling of border closures in response to the coronavirus pandemic. In an interview with DW, Juncker said the closure of the border between Germany and Luxembourg had been an “absurdity.” “This was no… Read full this story
- Measles Outbreak 2019: Which States Have Reported Cases to CDC? How Does It Spread?
- Latest Report on Exploitation of Captive Marine Mammals: Situation Improving in West, Deteriorating in East : Indybay
- Chicago police release files in 'Empire' star Jussie Smollett case, day after charges dramatically dropped
- Judge might unseal records in Jussie Smollett case
- The Latest: GOP candidate says he has $10.4M for election
- Case Filed Against Kanhaiya Kumar For Alleged Remarks Against PM Modi
- ‘LaPolitics:’ Campaign finance reports offer mixed read on cycle
- Earth Day Festival set for Sunday at Springfield Museums
- More change comes: Smelt & Heidecke for Chicago fishing, Midwest Fishing Report
- Tyreek Hill, Chiefs wide receiver, under investigation for incident involving son (reports)
Coronavirus latest: WHO reports most cases in a day have 319 words, post on www.dw.com at May 20, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.