May 30 — F1 to return on July 5 The Austrian government announced on Saturday that the 2020 Formula One season will start with the Austrian Grand Prix on July 5. The Spielberg circuit, which will be without spectators for the races, has also been given the green light to stage a second race the following weekend. Approval comes after F1 organisers had presented a complete and professional plan to combat the spread of COVID-19. — Löw hoping for September return In a video interview posted on the German Football Federation (DFB) website, head coach Joachim Löw said he and his staff are working again after taking a coronavirus-related break. “We are in the process of preparing mentally for September – if play After friendlies against Spain and Italy due to be played in March were scrapped, Germany has not played since November 2019. — Bayern take further salary cut Bayern Munich players have accepted a salary cut until the end of the season to help the Bundesliga champions through the coronavirus crisis, club president Herbert Hainer revealed. In April, the Bayern squad took a 20 percent reduction in salary. Hainer did not say how large the salary cut was this time. May 29 — Serie A confirms… Read full this story
- Coronavirus sport cancellations: Full list of postponements as Premier League, Euro 2020, and Olympics cancelled
- Coronavirus in sport LIVE: Wimbledon OFFICIALLY CANCELLED, Premier League latest, McGregor UFC hint, Joe Wicks SPOTY bet
- Coronavirus: Silverstone to make British GP decision at end of April
- Coronavirus: UEFA reveals no decision over Euros naming after errant tweet
- Coronavirus: USA Track and Field wants Tokyo Olympics postponement
- Coronavirus in sport: La Liga may resume behind closed doors in July
- How can I pause my Sky Sports subscription during coronavirus lockdown and can I still watch the eleven channels?
- England cricketer Ben Stokes signs up to race in virtual F1 grand prix
- F1 star Charles Leclerc and England hero Ben Stokes to race in F1 Virtual Grand Prix with season delayed
- Coronavirus in sport LIVE: Premier League return LATEST, Mike Tyson wants UFC to go ahead, Wimbledon exclusive
Coronavirus and sports: F1 to return in July have 344 words, post on www.dw.com at May 28, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.