CHINA has brought back strict coronavirus lockdowns for five million people as two cities are virtually sealed off following a new spike in infections. The news comes as it was revealed Beijing has ordered the mass-testing of millions of citizens to prevent a possible second deadly outbreak. ⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates The cities of Jilin and Shulan, both in the northwestern province Jilin, have now been hit with severe clampdowns. Six officials – one from Shulan and five from Jilin – have been removed from their posts following the emergence of local infection clusters, say reports. Shulan, a city with a population of 600,000 people, has banned residents from leaving their homes in compounds with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 cases. Jilin has also sealed off one of its districts after upgrading the area’s emergency level to “high-risk.”The city, with a population of 4.4m, has announced new Wuhan-style lockdown measures and closed schools following a cluster of infections. Officials put Fengman District on high alert after recording more new locally-transmitted cases and at least one additional death. The restrictions include bans on all outbound foot and vehicle traffic, as well as the closure… Read full this story
- China Opens World's Longest Sea Bridge in Mega-Project to Connect 70 Million People
- Uighurs in Exile Fear for Loved Ones Amid Crackdown in China
- New York’s modular building revolution is here
- China's vast pig market in lockdown as African swine fever spreads
- Typhoon Mangkhut/Ompong Track and Death Toll Sunday Update: Giant Storm Crashes into Hong Kong, Makes Path to China
- Marijuana businesses in compliance with Colorado law could face federal charges under new enforcement strategy
- Inside China’s dystopian dreams: AI, shame and lots of cameras
- Election 2018: Santa Ana City Council Ward 2 candidates share their priorities and thoughts on local issues
- What Happened to Fan Bingbing, China’s Most Famous Actress?
- Election 2018: Seal Beach City Council District 1 candidates share their priorities and thoughts on local issues
China brings back strict coronavirus lockdown for 5 million people as two cities sealed off after new spike have 321 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at May 18, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.