Britain today declared 626 more coronavirus deaths, including a six-week-old baby who is thought to be Britain’s youngest known victim, taking the UK’s official fatality toll past 31,000 on the 75th anniversary of VE day. Environment Secretary George Eustice revealed the figures, which include fatalities in all settings, at tonight’s Downing Street press briefing, where he also pleaded with Britons to stay indoors during the sunny bank holiday weekend ahead of the Prime Minister’s address to nation on Sunday. One of the victims in England was just six weeks old and had an underlying condition – but officials did not reveal what this was or whether they died directly from the killer infection. NHS sources said they are presumed to be Britain’s youngest fatality and separate Government figures show the youngest known victim in England and Wales before today was between one and four. The Government does not provide a breakdown of how many deaths occurred in different settings, such as hospitals or care homes, but at least 332 definitely occurred in hospitals because NHS England reveals new fatalities recorded by trusts every afternoon. Scotland (49), Wales (28) and Northern Ireland (5) all include care home deaths in their daily updates – but the… Read full this story
- Six-week-old baby 'shaken to death by dad'
- Arson death mum 'reunited with babies in the sky'
- Mum mauled to death by two 'massive' dogs in house is named
- On trial for death of own baby in Sevilla
- Britain's worst paedophile Richard Huckle, 33, is found 'stabbed to death with a makeshift blade' in his prison cell three years after he was jailed for raping and sexually assaulting 200 children in south-east Asia
- Baby dies after inmate 'gives birth alone in cell'
- UK says diplomatic immunity for US suspect in teen's death 'no longer pertinent'
- Trump must return Anne Sacoolas to UK for questioning
- Final photo of boy, 17, stabbed to death
- Send in the clowns: Circus group unleashes 'Red Brigade' at Extinction Rebellion demonstrations as protesters drape themselves in robes resembling blood as police announce 800 arrests in three days
Britain announces 626 more coronavirus deaths - including a six-week-old baby thought to be UK's youngest known victim - as death toll tops 31,000 have 332 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at May 8, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.