Tuesday, Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar weighed in on the report of a draft report from FEMA and the CDC predicting up to 200,000 coronavirus deaths in the United States by June 1.With many questioning President Donald Trump’s push to reopen the country, Azar told Fox News Channel’s “America’s Newsroom” he has not seen the report and it has not been reviewed by the White House, adding the president’s recommendations on reopening the U.S. economy are “based on the soundest scientific evidence and modeling” rather than draft projections. “So, I’ve not seen that report,” Azar advised. “I’ve heard about it, obviously. There are hundreds of models that are drafted up to look at various contingencies out in the private-public health world, as well as within our agencies. This apparently is a draft modeling a report of various contingencies prepared by Johns Hopkins. This was not reviewed by the White House or senior leadership or the task force. The president’s recommendations on reopening the American economy are based on the soundest scientific evidence and modeling and forecasting, not draft initial projections that just are floating out there.” He added, “We actually rely on especially the University of Washington’s model has… Read full this story
- Trump administration defies court order by pushing abstinence, Democrats say
- U.S. Versus Russia: How Does Putin's New Limo Compare to Trump's 'Beast'?
- The Trump administration is scrapping a child labor rule. Safety advocates say the reasons are flimsy.
- Where the government's climate report undercuts Trump's rhetoric
- How to Keep “Preventable Accident” Determinations From Being Admitted Into Evidence at Trial
- Will U.S. Go to War with Iran? Trump Breaks Nuclear Deal and Risks Middle East Conflict
- Donald Trump's explanations shift as legal exposure grows
- Trump Administration Distorts the Facts On Climate Report
- Fact Check: Trump Overstates Risks of Wind Power
- Inspector general criticizes Comey as 'insubordinate,' reveals FBI agent's 'we'll stop' Trump text
Azar: Trump’s Reopening Recommendations ‘Based on the Soundest Scientific Evidence and Modeling’ have 321 words, post on www.breitbart.com at May 5, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.