(CNN)President Donald Trump said Monday that he may “get involved” in the case of Navy captain removed from the command of the USS Theodore Roosevelt. At a Monday briefing, Trump was asked about comments made by acting Secretary of the Navy Thomas Modly, who attacked Capt. Brett Crozier as either “too naive or too stupid” to be in command. “I haven’t heard it exactly, I heard they heard,” Trump said, referring to the crew of the USS Theodore Roosevelt. “I heard they had a statement that was made, if that were the statement, it’s a strong statement.” Acting Navy secretary blasts ousted aircraft carrier captain as ‘stupid’ in address to ship’s crew Crozier was relieved of command after a letter he sent to Navy leadership was leaked to the media. The letter flagged his concerns about the Roosevelt’s crew of more than 4,000, saying in part “sailors do not need to die,” discussed the challenges of trying to contain an outbreak of coronavirus aboard the ship and urgently requested that sailors be allowed to quarantine on land. The Navy cited loss of confidence in his command and failure to adhere to the chain of command. “The letters shouldn’t have been… Read full this story
- 'That's enough, we have to run a country.' Trump says he will NOT let Don McGahn testify before Congress because the case was already litigated before Robert Mueller
- Donald Trump says he 'has a plan' to contain China's killer virus after it spread to US: Man in his 30s is hospitalized as death toll from SARS-like coronavirus hits nine and health chiefs poise to declare global emergency
- Trump says 'get rid of' Ukraine ambassador in recording
- Trump says he plans to attend game five of World Series
- 'I like the idea!' Donald Trump says he might TESTIFY in his own impeachment hearing after Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer dare him to show up or answer questions in writing
- Trump says lead impeachment Democrat Schiff has not paid 'price, yet'
- Donald Trump says he has 'great confidence' some Democrats will vote to acquit him in his impeachment trial - as key Republican says he will oppose calling witnesses
- DOJ reveals 24 redacted emails related Trump's involvement in Ukraine aid freeze
- Republican Doug Collins Complains About Bolton Being Believed Over Trump, Says President's Defense Team Will Prove Everyone Wrong
- Trump says his impeachment defense team should 'just be honest, just tell the truth'
Trump says he may 'get involved' in case of Navy captain removed from duty have 402 words, post on edition.cnn.com at April 6, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.