By Sandra Gonzalez, CNN Updated 2000 GMT (0400 HKT) April 24, 2020 Chat with us in Facebook Messenger. Find out what’s happening in the world as it unfolds. (CNN)To honor some the creative forces who have died due to Covid-19, CNN turned to those who knew them, loved them and were deeply affected by the work that defined their legacies. Below are tributes to these artists. Mark Blum, actor, 69 Mark Blum in 2010. (Photo by Dario Cantatore/Getty Images) “Mark Blum was an actor’s actor. Everyone knew him and everyone respected him. I met him in 1986 after he had already appeared in ‘Desperately Seeking Susan’ and ‘Crocodile Dundee.’ We did a silly sitcom that lasted six episodes, but we were friends ever after. Anyone who worked with Mark was still his friend. And that was a lot of people. He appeared on stage in New York for the entirety of his career both on Broadway and off. I first saw him in ‘Say Goodnight, Gracie’ at Playwrights Horizons in 1978. Read More Mark had a deep intelligence and self-deprecating humor that made every part he played both tragic and comic at the same time. He loved to act, understood… Read full this story
- Coronavirus live updates: Bay Area businesses see one of nation’s highest pandemic closure rates
- Coronavirus live updates: California hospitalizations continue downward trend
- Coronavirus live updates: 5 million coronavirus cases in US, most in world
- Coronavirus news from the Bay Area: August 7-8
- Zach Braff gets tattoo to honor late friend Nick Cordero: 'In loving memory'
- What are the 20 best HBO documentaries to watch right now?
- First Stream Latin: New Music by Mau y Ricky, Carlos Rivera, Jessie Reyez & More
- TV BAFTAs 2020: Daisy Edgar-Jones and Paul Mescal enjoy 'surreal' reunion for first time since 'whirlwind' success of Normal People as they attend socially-distanced virtual ceremony
Tributes to the entertainers and artists who died from coronavirus have 307 words, post on edition.cnn.com at April 24, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.