(CNN) Lucy Stewart never used to enjoy doing the laundry.
A new normal
Stay connected : Find creative ways to stay in touch remotely. Establish new routines, perhaps at bed or mealtimes.
Provide age-appropriate information : Remind children that people get sick, and then they get better.
If possible, give a timeline to your child that helps them understand when you’ll be reunited. Time-tracking tools (such as sticker charts) can make this easier.
Offer reassurance : Remind your child that they are being looked after, and that lots of people (like health workers and scientists) are working to resolve the situation.
Empower your child by reminding them that there are things they can do, such as washing their hands, to help fight the disease themselves.
Self-care is important : The calm presence of an adult goes a long way to help children deal with uncertain times.
Parents: The ultimate protection
The pain of separation
- Marc Levy: Writing stories for my son
- Read story on gun violence in dual language
- Nobel Prize-winning novelist Doris Lessing dies aged 94
- Strategy seeks to promote reading across Viet Nam
- Two Japanese children's books published in Vietnam
- Children continue to snub local authors
- The story of human life
- Cham youngsters read at Ant's Nest
- Book to help protect children and youth on the Internet launched
- Tough sentences in Argentina stolen babies case
- Poor student’s essay about the money touch the hearts of millions of people
- Boomer sex with dementia foreshadowed in nursing home
- Right to privacy in Vietnam media: we are still failing our children
- Doctors puzzled by Mekong Delta HIV cases
- Poor reading habits bode ill for VN's future
- Life and career: The story of Thu "whiskers"
- Ebola case in Spain fuels fear of European outbreak
- The story of Thu “whiskers”
- Well-known writer To Hoai dies at 94
- A mother of 166 children
This nurse used to read her children bedtime stories. Now she writes them essays in case she dies have 1700 words, post on edition.cnn.com at April 23, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.