New York hit new lows in the number of hospitalizations and new ICU admissions due to coronavirus on Wednesday, suggesting the tide is finally turning in the state’s battle against the pandemic. While deaths hit a new high of 799 in 24 hours and cases rose by 10,621, the number of new hospitalizations fell to just 200 – the lowest since the ‘nightmare’ began, Governor Andrew Cuomo said. The number of ICU admissions also fell to the lowest number since March 20. They indicate that social distancing has worked across the state – America’s first epicenter – and that while more deaths will come as people currently on ventilators continue to succumb to the disease, the spike may be over. Gov. Cuomo urged caution on Thursday to anyone who believes that the crisis is over, however he discussed moving forward to restart the economy by issuing antibody tests that he says will determine if a person has had the virus and recovered from it. The New York State Department of Health has approved an antibody test and is now working to scale it up for the millions who will need it. He is also working to scale up rapid testing,… Read full this story
- Amazon abandons plans for New York City headquarters
- Carrie Symonds to take her first overseas trip with boyfriend Boris Johnson to New York as the PM meets Donald Trump, Macron and Merkel at the UN
- New York Videogame Awards Nominees Announced, Honors Jade Raymond with Legend Award
- King of New York Power Up! Review – Evolve Your Monster!
- Cthulhu Monster Pack Review – King of New York / King of Tokyo Expansion
- The TechRaptor Guide to King of Tokyo / King of New York
- Foie gras WILL be cut from New York City menus by 2022 - but outraged farmers are already mounting a court challenge as restaurateurs say 'the beauty of America is that we can choose to eat what we want'
- King Kong Monster Pack Review – King of New York / King of Tokyo Expansion
- A Fake Artist Goes To New York mixes hidden roles and making art
- Netflix pulls The Punisher from New York Comic Con following Las Vegas tragedy
The charts that should give New York hope: ICU and hospital admissions continue to fall - even as deaths still rise - as Cuomo raises prospect of getting people back to work with antibody tests have 355 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at April 9, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.