Joe Biden pledged he would choose a woman as his running mate, and that woman needs to be Stacey Abrams. The road to the White House for Democrats only exists with the support and excitement of black voters—black female voters to be specific. Just ask Bernie Sanders. He thought he could carve a path to the nomination without overwhelming support among the Democratic base—black voters. He was wrong. Sure, other Democratic voters matter. Lots of ink has been spilled about the importance of “suburban” Democratic voters, read white voters, even though blacks have been moving to the suburbs at great rates as they’ve been pushed out of cities for years now. However, any viable Democratic strategy rests on the active participation and interest of diverse groups of black voters. Biden made a promise to select a female running mate, a declarative statement some feel may have painted the former veep into a corner. There are several qualified women on the Democratic bench, but only Abrams can deliver the significant number of black voters across the United States to galvanize the base and articulate a clear vision. Several women are qualified to assist Biden in the governance phase of a possible… Read full this story
- Who Should Be Joe Biden’s Running Mate (If There Is One)?
- Democratic Debate: Democrats Can Win Stacey Abrams' Georgia If They Really Want It
- Get ready for a huge day in American politics
- 'This Week' Transcript 11-4-18: Special edition from ABC News Election Headquarters
- Read the full text from the fifth Democratic debate
- The next Obama: Democrats grapple with the former president's legacy
Stacey Abrams Is the Only Vice Presidential Pick for Joe Biden. Here’s Why. have 268 words, post on www.thedailybeast.com at April 20, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.