In difficult times, people are turning to all sorts of creative methods to bring joy (and a little bit of friendly fear) to those around them. Exterminate/self-isolate The public have been warned tougher measures will have to be implemented if people do not adhere to physical distancing rules, but no one expected it to come in the form of extraterrestrial villains. Residents of Robin Hood’s Bay, near Whitby, were surprised to see a Dalek patrolling the streets telling people to stay indoors. “By order of the Daleks, all humans must stay indoors, all humans must self-isolate,” the Doctor Who villain screeched as it zoomed along the street. It is unclear who is behind the creative stunt, which some found amusing, but it brought back scary memories for many fans of the long-running sci-fi series. One Twitter user wrote: “Am I the only one to feel a genuine shiver of fear watching this? As a child I would most certainly have been hiding behind the sofa. And if a Cyberman came marching down the road, that would be it, I’d be running for my life!” Tayside police in Scotland shared the video, saying: “Our colleagues in Skaro division have deployed their… Read full this story
- Spotlight: China-Pakistan cooperation helps former Pakistani fishing village prosper
- How pianos became part of the furniture at UK railway stations
- Mental health: UK could ban social media over suicide images, minister warns
- Instagram: Girl tells how she was 'hooked' on self-harm images
- Bekasi villagers demand 'stench money' for living near dumpsite
- Village clash forces 700 to flee homes in Southeast Sulawesi
- Drought forces Banten villagers to use dirty water
- Self-harm content 'grooms people to take own lives'
- Swamped villagers plead with Phetchaburi Dam to speed up water release
- News Sunset fishing
'Self-isolate': Dalek surprises residents of UK fishing village have 296 words, post on www.theguardian.com at April 6, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.