With the arrest of a 32-year-old woman from Saraswati Vihar in Dera Bassi, police claimed to have busted an inter-state prostitution racket. The accused brought five victims from Assam in February on the pretext of providing jobs in a private firm in Delhi and forced them into prostitution. The complainant and one of the victims, a 22-year-old woman, told police that after putting up for two weeks in Delhi, they were taken to Chandigarh for a few days and were later shifted to Saraswati Vihar in Dera Bassi.She said she managed to flee from the flat and reached the police. Sub-inspector Narinder Kumar said based on the statement of one of the victims, they raided the flat and arrested the accused, who was sent to judicial custody. He added that police were trying to trace others involved in the racket.
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 12 (updated hourly)
- WTO’s DG job: Okonjo-Iweala’s fate hangs on next US president
- A locally owned houseboat in Kerala
- The Rise of ‘The Walking Dead’
- Move over, Cosa Nostra
- How I learned to love being an Essex girl
- Want to make a mark in Women’s T20 Challenge, says Chandigarh-based fast bowler Kashvee
- Nxivm leader belongs in pantheon of human evil
- Caring for destitution or not?
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 14 (updated hourly)
Mohali woman held for running flesh trade racket have 210 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at April 28, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.