Ousted pro-democracy legislator “Long Hair” Leung Kwok-hung was stabbed as he protested outside Beijing’s liaison office in Hong Kong on Thursday, the South China Morning Post (SCMP) reported. An assailant attacked Leung with a sharp object, causing a gash by his waist, a Hong Kong police spokesman confirmed. Leung was subsequently taken to a nearby hospital for treatment and later discharged. A post on Leung’s Facebook account stated he was stabbed with the bit of a pneumatic drill. “I was doing an interview with a member of the foreign press, when I felt I was stabbed from behind and felt pain,” Leung said. “I saw [the assailant] holding a metal object, and he was shouting abuse at me, saying I was ‘creating trouble.’” Police arrested an 81-year-old man at the scene in connection with the attack, who reportedly shouted while being arrested, “[Leung] is a bad guy, why meddle with the liaison office? I’m Chinese!” The assailant said he was “trying to help the police to kill Leung,” according to Leung’s political party, the League of Social Democrats. Before the attack, Leung was protesting statements the Hong Kong Liaison Office, the Chinese Communist Party’s (CCP) representative facility in Hong Kong, made last… Read full this story
- Hong Kong airport sit-in continues in 10th straight weekend of protests
- Hong Kong protests: 'We are fighting against a dictatorship'
- Hong Kong accused of smothering dissent for expected Xi Jinping visit
- Holiday protests turn ugly in Hong Kong
- Hong Kong starts quarantine for mainland China arrivals
- Florida Senators Invite Hong Kong, Uyghur Activists to State of the Union
- Xi Jinping must calm 'hearts and minds' of Hong Kong, says Patten
- VOA Interview: Hong Kong Student Activist on Why Protesters Are Afraid of China
- FilMart Weighs its Options as Hong Kong Closes Border With China in Virus Response
- Police fire tear gas at pockets of protesters across Hong Kong
Hong Kong: Ousted Pro-Democracy Lawmaker Stabbed have 310 words, post on www.breitbart.com at April 18, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.