NO longer is the queue for passport control your biggest concern. For every airline passenger arriving at Hong Kong International right now, they will need to have a coronavirus test before they have even left the airport — taking up to 12 HOURS before you can finally enter the city. ⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates The new procedure makes it the first airport in the world to require testing for all incoming passengers — whether they are showing symptoms or not. As the neon-washed metropolis reported zero Covid-19 cases last Monday for the first time since early March, its airport testing procedures are being credited with helping to slow the spread. Hong Kong has been praised as a potential corona success story, thanks to early steps taken by citizens and government to contain the spread, including wearing masks, avoiding crowded places, closing schools and working from home. The city of 7.4 million people has recorded just over 1,000 cases and five deaths.NO PPE FOR CABIN CREWFrom not selling middle seats to providing medical-grade PPE for cabin crew, airlines around the world are adopting strict new measures to make flying safer during the pandemic…. Read full this story
- Hong Kong's 'milkshake murderer' has no regrets as death of banker husband is recalled
- Backlash over Hong Kong's immigration 'blacklist'
- HK Express starts cheap Da Nang - Hong Kong flights
- PM calls for more investment from Hong Kong
- Hong Kong takes another step forward to build major cultural district project
- China persuaded Snowden to flee Hong Kong - sources
- Hong Kong police use pepper spray on protesters, arrest 45
- Hong Kong tycoon calls for protests to end after tension over police beating
- Robbed Hong Kong tourists sell photos for food
- Bird flu silences once bustling Hong Kong songbird market
Hong Kong Airport gives a glimpse of life after coronavirus with disinfection tunnels and ‘sanitagged’ bags have 297 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 26, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.