A New York City surgeon who was diagnosed with the coronavirus was met with applause from his colleagues when he returned to work fully recovered. Dr. Paul Saunders tested positive for COVID-19 in March after feeling symptoms of the virus – which has infected more than 460,000 Americans and killed at least 16,000. After Dr. Saunders recovered from a mild case, ABC News reports, he returned to the frontline of the coronavirus disease in the world’s epicenter on Thursday. Dr. Paul Saunders (pictured) returned to work at a Brooklyn hospital after recovering from COVID-19 Footage shows Dr. Saunders walking through the Maimonides Medical Center entrance in Brooklyn to rousing applause from fellow medical staff and employees. ‘This is totally unexpected and undeserved but thank you all for coming to work and for working so hard … Happy to be back,’ Saunders told staffers who welcomed him back. His colleagues set off more applause for the humble surgeon, but for Dr. Saunders the feelings were mutual. ‘Everyone’s working so hard and the whole time I was home, I was just anxious to get back, just get back and get back to work,’ he said. The excitement around Dr. Saunders’ return to… Read full this story
- How Would New York City Respond to the Coronavirus?
- How Will New York City Respond to the Coronavirus?
- Coronavirus spread in New York City is 'inevitable' and something you 'can't control' claims Governor Cuomo as Manhattan's first coronavirus patient is confirmed to be a female healthcare worker, 39, who visited Iran
- New York City student is showing signs of coronavirus and is quarantined at home after his lawyer father tested positive for the disease
- Student from Yeshiva University becomes New York City's THIRD confirmed case of coronavirus as Manhattan lawyer, 50, remains in the hospital in a 'severe condition'
- New York City now has 6 coronavirus cases and officials are scrambling to find who else might have it
- Man in his 70s becomes second U.S. death from coronavirus at the same hospital near Seattle where first victim died, as New York City confirms its first infected patient and nationwide cases hits 77
- New York coronavirus patient's wife, children and neighbor test positive for virus
- Ugly battles erupt as residents fight housing coronavirus patients in their cities
- New York coronavirus cases rise to 11: Family of five who are friends with Manhattan lawyer test positive along with his wife, son, daughter AND the neighbor who drove him to the hospital as 1,000 people are told to self-quarantine
Heart surgeon returns to treat sick coronavirus patients at New York City hospital after recovering from the disease as more doctors who beat the virus go back to the frontlines have 407 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at April 10, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.