‘I would urge them to stay away,’ Sir Lindsay Hoyle told reconvening MPs last week. ‘There is no benefit to being here physically.’ The Commons Speaker said those members aged over 70 should ‘pay particular attention to the advice of Public Health England’, and ‘strongly advised’ them not to mingle with others. Ever one to defy common sense, Jeremy Corbyn, 71 next month, not only shunned all lockdown etiquette to turn up in Westminster but brought with him his third wife. Best known as an importer of Fairtrade coffee, Laura Alvarez is neither an aide nor a key worker. Yet there she was, contrary to essential travel rules, flanking her husband on Wednesday in a thankfully otherwise deserted Parliament. SPLUTTERING PERFORMANCE: A coughing Jeremy Corbyn, at some points wearing rubber gloves, addresses Labour MPs on video app Zoom RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Barack Obama takes a jab at President Trump and says America… Scientists hail game-changing immunity test: Oxford… Share this article Share Labour MPs are particularly annoyed with their former leader for refusing to isolate, especially since he spluttered this way through his valedictory address to the Parliamentary Labour Party group of MPs recently. The meeting took place… Read full this story
- Boris Johnson and Jeremy Corbyn trade blows at fiery last PMQs before election battle: PM draws battle lines for December 12 poll with promise of 'unprecedented NHS funding' and attack on Labour leader over 'flip-flopping' Brexit stance
- Latest updates as Jeremy Corbyn and Theresa May clash at PMQs
- Reality Check: Did Jeremy Corbyn have youth on his side?
- Jeremy Corbyn defies critics and calls for calm over Russia
- Labour civil war rumbles on: More than 100 MPs defy Jeremy Corbyn’s call to back December 12 election vote as their campaign begins in chaos
- Labour MPs 'don't want to back Jeremy Corbyn as PM' as former leadership hopeful Owen Smith QUITS and more than 100 of his own troops REFUSE to get behind snap election
- Jeremy Corbyn aide works in parliament without being given security clearance
- Five key themes in Jeremy Corbyn's Labour conference speech
- Corbyn calls for PM to go and tells Labour: win election for the people
- Jeremy Corbyn urges opposition leaders and Tory rebels to help oust PM
HARRY COLE: Why did Jeremy Corbyn and his wife defy coronavirus rules by going to PMQs? have 368 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at April 26, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.