Police in northern Germany have rescued a 39-year-old woman after her ex-boyfriend kidnapped her in front of her son and took her captive last Sunday. The 50-year-old abductor followed his ex-girlfriend, who was traveling with the former couple’s 18-year-old son, to the underground parking garage under their formerly shared apartment in Hamburg. There, he overpowered her with two male accomplices, forced her into a car and drove away, according to the Hamburg Police Department. The victim’s son witnessed the incident but remained unharmed. Police found the suspect and his former partner on Saturday afternoon in Nordhorn, Lower Saxony. Read more: Germany: Huge DNA test underway to solve 23-year-old murder Watch video 02:34 Share Teaching women self defense Send Facebook Twitter google+ Whatsapp Tumblr linkedin stumble Digg reddit Newsvine Permalink https://p.dw.com/p/3TebD Teaching women to protect themselves against violence Victim unharmed Police overpowered the man and arrested him, freeing the victim after a week of being held captive. She was unharmed during the ordeal. According to police, the getaway car, a Volkswagen Polo, was discovered in the state of Schleswig-Holstein, just north of Hamburg. The investigation eventually led to the discovery of another getaway vehicle, a green BMW 3 Series, which police subsequently seized. An investigation is… Read full this story
- Cops in Brazil arrest ex-boyfriend for the murder of a 23-year-old woman shot in the face by a masked man at her work - as picture reveals he visited her in hospital just hours after the attack
- Jealous Las Vegas woman 'stabs her ex-girlfriend's new boyfriend to death with tweezers and stomps on his head' in brutal 'love triangle' slaying
- Woman Allegedly Beat Her Daughter Nearly To Death Because Child Reminded Her Of Ex-Boyfriend
- Sean 'Diddy' Combs is 'devastated and shocked' by death of ex Kim Porter at 47 after 'battling flu which turned into pneumonia'
- Chilling moment 'hostage taker walked into bowling alley full of children clutching a sawn-off shotgun': Man held two staff captive before police ended siege with stun grenades
- EXCLUSIVE - Crime and grime: Captivating images show New Yorkers riding graffiti-covered subway cars in the 1970s and 1980s when there were 250 felonies a WEEK on the trains
- Jealous boyfriend is jailed for nearly two years for forcing bathing partner's head under water as he told her daughter: 'Don't worry, mum's just splashing around'
- Serial rapist Joseph McCann is jailed for at least 30 years for attacking 11 victims during two-week rampage after being freed from prison in error
- Arturo Solis charged with capital murder in shooting death of Houston Police Sgt. Christopher Brewster
- Woman found dead in the boot of a car was heavily pregnant and just weeks away from giving birth - as her boyfriend is arrested
Germany: Police rescue woman held captive by ex-boyfriend for a week have 444 words, post on www.dw.com at April 26, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.